:::Hurry Advice needed ASAP:::Perming Soon:::

AnjelLuvs

Anyone have advice on what I should do?

I did a braidout last night, and I realized I really really need a perm, so I got one today, btu I dont wanna wash my hair again, but I dont want to comb my braidout, because I think I will get unnecessary shedding and breakage?

Is my only choice to rinse again, what style will allow me to manipulate my hair the best, just a simple wet pony tail?

I am so ready to put this perm, but I dont wanna start anything I cant finish.

I was just thinking about addin some carrot oil to my hair to soften it up, but I dont know, ADVICE PLEASEEEEEE?

I would do a conditioner wash and wait on the perm. Could you perhaps press your edges and wear it that way for about a week? Also during that week, I would probably keep my hair and scalp well oiled. I dont know. I am anticipating what others will suggest. Good luck.

Ithink it depends if your braidout is easy to comb and if you normally burn. I would suggest not doing it if it will be a chore to comb through the braid out. I think it will take away from the application of the "perm time", if it is hard to part. ( Ihope that makes sense) . I would also base my scalp, to reduce the chances of burning. Also take into consideration if whether it will be worth putting the perm in, if you are not able to work it in properly due to possible tangling and burning.

I hope this helps.
wink.gif

also think about the time you have to wait to safely relax your hair after washing. I personally believe that you may be rushing it a little bit. Im just speaking from my perspective how I get freaked with the thought of loosing my hair or burning my scalp because of some mishap during the relaxing process all because I NEEDED my hair straightened or relaxed.

But, im just cautious like that but if its worked for you in the pass do what you do. I hope your relaxer comes out well and not underprocessed and your scalp scab and burn free.

But, I would take some of the advice above and wait on the relaxer atleast until late wednesday or thursday.

-faye

Maybe I am rushing things, I dont know what else to do, I might just wash it put it in a wet pony tail, and add some oils and grease throughout week. I start a new job friday, and tuesday I have to go somewhere, that was why I was rushing.

But I think the best thing to do now is wait, because I AM USING A NEW PERM, that I never used before, I think that is why I am rushing to see the results of this perm.

I have decided deep conditioner, washed yesterday, and do a intensive care treatment to control breakage, then put in a ponytail, because right now that is the only style that I can do without too much combing, But I could blow it out, nah.....

I need a relaxer too! I've been stretching it now for two months. I use WGO and S-curl w/ castor oil to soften my new growth and I've only been deep conditioning and conditioning washing every week until after I get my relaxer then I'll start using the poo again. Also what realxer did you get? i want to try that pink oil moisturizer new growth kit? have you tried that one before?

I dont do pink oil anymore! I brought the Elasta QP Extra Body Regular, no base creme relaxer - I am assuming it is a lye relaxer, and I usually use a no lye relaxer!

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I start a new job friday

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on your new job Anjel!!! I saw your MTV story & was curious as to if you had found anything since the taping. If you don't mind sharing, what type of job did ya land?!?

[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:
[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I start a new job friday

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on your new job Anjel!!! I saw your MTV story & was curious as to if you had found anything since the taping. If you don't mind sharing, what type of job did ya land?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! I thought she looked familiar!!

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
Anyone have advice on what I should do?

I did a braidout last night, and I realized I really really need a perm, so I got one today, btu I dont wanna wash my hair again, but I dont want to comb my braidout, because I think I will get unnecessary shedding and breakage?

[/ QUOTE ]
I never comb my braidout - I wear a braidout because it doesn't need much manipulation, just fingercombing. I'm in that position of stretching my relaxer out (I need one too!) and braidouts help to camouflage the new growth. You may want to wait rather than rush to relax, especially since you're using a new relaxer.

Congratulations on your new job!!
up.gif

Okay I have waited the suggested amount of time, should I perm now, or just grease my scalp, my 8 weeks will be tomorrow, which is thursday!

My hair was in a wet pony tail, but I have already tooken it out of that, if I grease my scalp I dont know what to do with it after because it wont look as good if I put it back up.

Back