Humectress Vs. Suave Humectant

hiddy3

I think a while back someone here said that they liked the Suave Humectant. Are these two products really that much alike? I noticed that the "Humectress" says that you can use it on dry hair also but the "Humectant" does not say this. How do you use it (either)?

Pallas

i've never tried this particular Suave conditioner, but i've liked all the ones that i've tried.

you would use the Humectress like any other moisturizing conditioner. i've tried it twice, and both times ended up giving it away because it did nothing for my hair. definitely give the Suave one a try first if you're considering either. the price is so reasonable, even if you don't like it, you usually won't spend more than $2.00. ya know? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Hey Adrienne,
I already have the Humectrss. Like you it does absolutely nothing for my hair as an after shampoo condidtioner. But on dry ends it seems to moisturize well. The Suave knock off however does not state on the bottle that it can be used on dry hair without rinsing and I was was wondering about that in particular. I guess I'll just do some trial and error experimenting.

Pallas

I used Nexxus Humectress for an entire summer in the early-mid 1990's and it did absolutely nothing for my relaxed hair. It has mineral oil in it, too...
I like the Suave Humectant, though. I use it as a sort of leave-in. I put a nickel sized amount on soaking wet hair and I don't rinse it out. It makes detangling my hair 100x easier.

I tried the Suave version. It was ok, but I like the Generic version or Russ Calvin's better than the Suave. They are just like the Nexxus.

I have the Humectress and the Suave Humectress. I like them both, but they are not the same. The Suave is pretty moisturizing though. Sometimes I would use it as a leave in mixed with some oil.

pallas, since gentleness used it as a leave-in with no problem, i'd say give it a try. oooh, and adding olive oil sounds like a great idea! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

I just bought this today.
I was using Humectress before I
started my "GROW OUT PLAN",
but MANE 'N TAIL is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE CONDITIONER!!!
Anyway, I learned that Mane 'N Tail is
a protein condtioner so I wanted to use
something lighter since I co-wash everyday...
I was using SUAVE TROPICAL COCONUT
and I LOVED IT, but I wanted to try
something new... Humectress was just... aiight
when I used it before... I haven't tried the
"Suave Humectant" yet but when I do... I
will post results on my blog.

Anybody else using this/tried it?

I was in the thread the other day about ceramides and someone recommended the Suave Extreme line as a knock off to Redken. When I went to cop that, I noticed the Suave humectant sitting there and on the bottle it says it moisturizes just as well as the Humectress. When I went up the aisle to compare the ingredients, Suave didn't have the mineral oil in it so I chose that one, plus it was less than $2. It works beautifully. I have a small section of hair out at my nape even though I'm wearing braids and it feels really good.

I must admit though that the EXTREME line is even slightly better. It makes your hair soft and strong. OR, playing devil's advocate, it may be a combo of both since I started cowashing with just the conditioners and alternating every other day. Bottom line is don't sleep on the Suave. :D Oh, plus I sealed with ENd all(hair2heaven) so my hair is soft, strong and smells YUMtastic!

I've only used them both once, both times deep conditioning. I must say the Suave Humectant gave me WOW results; the Humectress was so-so. But I am going to give the Humectress another try (since I have 3/4th of the bottle left...)

Hey Adrienne,
I already have the Humectrss. Like you it does absolutely nothing for my hair as an after shampoo condidtioner. But on dry ends it seems to moisturize well. The Suave knock off however does not state on the bottle that it can be used on dry hair without rinsing and I was was wondering about that in particular. I guess I'll just do some trial and error experimenting.

Pallas

I am beginning to think that almost any moisturizing conditioner can be used as a leave in as well-you just have use less (use a quarter or nickel sized amt like another poster said). I just recently discovered this and I don't think I'll be using regular "leave in" ever again.
:nono:

As far as Nexxus goes, I think their shampoos are great but their conditioners never did much for me. Suave has just the opposite effect for me.

Nexxus recently changed the formula for Humectress and IMO it is HORRIBLE!!! I am going to have to purchase a bottle of the Generic version from Sally's. That one worked well for me. As for the Suave version, I use it on dry hair all the time :yep:. I just rub a dime size amount between my hands and apply to the ends. It definitely does the trick.

I can't see spending Nexxus money on any product. I've been using the Suave Humectant for ages now and I adore it. This is my #1 staple conditioner and I use it as a leave in all the time with no negative result. I seal it with either coconut oil or Softee shea butter (has petrolatum) and it works great.

I just ordered the Sally's version today... I hope it works as well as Suave. If it doesn't, I'll sick with Suave.

the suave sucks in my hair. i made it dry and tangly but i ha a relaxer in my hair at the time

Back