Humectant Free Products?

MissDarcei

It's getting cold where I live (Toronto) and whenever I step outside my hair is as DRY as a desert! It's not the indoor heating because when I stay home my hair is fine. But as soon as the cold air hits my strands, they turn into straw! This is my first winter going curly and I heard humectants can cause these kinds of issues in cold weather. ALL of my products contain glycerin. Are there any drugstore products (I'm a poor college student who cant afford Kinky Curly plus there's a drugstore across the street from me) that are humectant free and CG approved? Please help!:sad:

Garnier Fructis triple nutrition conditioner, used as a leave in (aka Fortifying conditioner in the UK): it doesn't have silicones.

Tresemme Naturals as a leave in.

I haven't tried them, only reading good reviews of both.

Have you tried castor oil to seal? Or sunflower oil?

Last edited:
VO5 conditioners, tresemme naturals conditioner, and yes to cucumbers conditioner. These aren't leave ins per say but could work. My hair hates humectants all year round so I don't use anything with glycerin. Not sure if your hair likes butters and oils but these are always choices for sealing.

I use a water and a protein free leave in conditioner and seal with Blue Magic hair grease (yes I said gease). It is kind of heavy but I PS so it really doesn't make a difference for me. I just make sure not to put the grease on the scalp.

Back