Human hair?

They could process regular straight indian/chinese hair to get that texture

Oh, that would make more sense. Does the perm "fall out" after washing it too much? Then again, how long can one leave a weave in? Do people re-use weave hair? Can you reuse kinky hair? If you reuse this hair, does it lose kink over time? I just realized I don't know anything about weaves.

Oh, that would make more sense. Does the perm "fall out" after washing it too much? Then again, how long can one leave a weave in? Do people re-use weave hair? Can you reuse kinky hair? If you reuse this hair, does it lose kink over time? I just realized I don't know anything about weaves.

yes people reuse weave hair. I think max is three months but some people leave it in longer. I believe if the weave is quality no matter texture you can reuse, and I don't know the answer to the rest. You thinking about getting one?

Droid typing leads to typos for me

I wouldn't trust that was even off a human's head. I bought some clip ins on ebay the other day that said human and it didn't feel like hair it felt like, plastic and some strands were clear fishing line or something!

yes people reuse weave hair. I think max is three months but some people leave it in longer. I believe if the weave is quality no matter texture you can reuse, and I don't know the answer to the rest. You thinking about getting one?

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Hmm, okay. Thanks for the info. Naw, I'm not thinking of getting one. Was just curious.

I wouldn't trust that was even off a human's head. I bought some clip ins on ebay the other day that said human and it didn't feel like hair it felt like, plastic and some strands were clear fishing line or something!

Wow. :blush: :lachen:

It is very VERY possible, coz all they have to do is bake any hair into the shape the consumer needs it to be in. When you buy 100% human hair, it is all human hair BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT..... it's not from one person's head. These women in India when they brush their hair and the shed hair comes out in combs, they gather it into a sack. They take all this human hair in a large sack, and pay those women like $1 for the entire sack.

Then they process the hair. Processing means that using machines they take the strands of short human hair, glue them together, and coat them with silicones. They also change the color and texture (wavy, straight, curly, kinky, afro) and bake the hair to set it. And they sell it to you for a lot more.

That's why when you wash it, the "shine" disappears because the cuticles are not all facing the same direction. So it is 100% human, they are telling the truth, just not from one human.

Source of my info: the Oprah Winfrey Show about 3 yrs ago or so before Chris Rock's Movie. And I loved the fact that on that episode the woman Oprah featured wearing a weave was caucasian and had a blond weave.

The sad thing is that the women in India had no idea that the hair they were selling for like $1 was being sold over here for like $30........

Back