huh? my dominican stylist said "you wasting your money girl!"

Do you use a rinse?

• I love rinse!

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Rinse is so over-rated!

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters

neenee280

I went to the salon today (bossman let me out early!:spinning:) and got my hair did. I bring my conditioner because I refuse to pay the extra $5. :lachen:So I am all excited bring my new Lady Flor Olive Oil Conditioner and Rinse. The salon never uses rinses (been there like 5 times) but I figured let me bring it anyways. So I hand my stylist my bag and she is like, "Girl, you are wasting your money?" I was like, "Huh?!" She said "conditioner is just fine and rinses are like a cherry on top, you like it, but it is like, so what. Stop wasting that money girl!"

I was a bit surprised. All the other dominican salons I have been to use rinse. Sometimes, just rinse if you do not request DC. But she was like, "u bringing all them different conditioners, stick with a cheap one and no rinse, just extra build up."

i dont know, i lurve my rinse. but she is a total hair nazi! :lachen:But that is why i like her. :grin:

Who uses rinse? who doesnt and why?

I use my domincan rinse 'Laifer honey and almond" usually right after a shampoo and before a conditioner. I don't use it that often tho. only when my hair is tangled from the poo, especially from a clarifying poo.

what is a conditioner rinse?

Usually a dominican brand has like 3 or 4 products

poo
conditioner
rinse
leave in (some do, not all)

it is like a conditioner. it really gets the tangles out. sometimes i prepoo with it. I usually leave it on for like 3 to 5 mins and rinse it off with cool water.

I use my domincan rinse 'Laifer honey and almond" usually right after a shampoo and before a conditioner. I don't use it that often tho. only when my hair is tangled from the poo, especially from a clarifying poo.

yeah, it helps with those tangles. as my hair gets longer, the more tangles i get.

I have tried this one & it does seem to get tangles out when nothing else works. I don't think it's necessary for regular use, but it's good to have on standby for monster tangles.

My hair has been so easy to handle my hair since I started rinsing. I guess Ill just keep the cherry on top. I voted I love rinse.

I think everyone's hair is different. If your hair likes rinse, then use it and, as long as you are paying her to do your hair, insist that she uses it. Next time, just tell her it's your money and you can waste it if you want.

Personally, I don't use the stuff.

I have tried this one & it does seem to get tangles out when nothing else works. I don't think it's necessary for regular use, but it's good to have on standby for monster tangles.

ur right! it's not necessary for regular use. i find i use it more when i have a lot of ng!

but i did make the mistake in the beginning of my journey by thinking it would act just like a regular conditioner. i was wrong so don't make that mistake ladies.

I have 4 rinses that I really don't use, but will keep them around for an emergency. I find they are unnecessary for me as long as I am using my poo/dcs that are very detangling. I tried to use them every wash when I first bought one, but it was almost like doing too much. My hair protested! I probably will be using them up as prepoos, along with everything else I need to get rid of. I agree with your stylist, those dcs are off the chain!

Ok, maybe I am being a little slow, but how on earth do you use the rinse? Please, someone break it down for me. How is it used in your washin process?

It is the final step when on hair wash day.

Example; Prepoo, Wash(for people who use poo), tx(?), DC, Rinse.

The rinse are basically designed to assist with detangling hair and preventing hair loss. It is used while hair is wet and left on for about 3 minutes then rinsed out. Just look at it like a detangling condishioner treatment at the end of your wash.

Ok, maybe I am being a little slow, but how on earth do you use the rinse? Please, someone break it down for me. How is it used in your washin process?

I love rinses...
Praital Silkworm Rinse is the best for me and thats the only one I use now... its a dream:drunk:

I use it after I use shampoo to melt the tangles away

ur right! it's not necessary for regular use. i find i use it more when i have a lot of ng!

but i did make the mistake in the beginning of my journey by thinking it would act just like a regular conditioner. i was wrong so don't make that mistake ladies.[/QUOTE]

Damn- I just bought some rinses thinking that it can work in the same way but cheaper :perplexed.

I went to the salon today (bossman let me out early!:spinning:) and got my hair did. I bring my conditioner because I refuse to pay the extra $5. :lachen:So I am all excited bring my new Lady Flor Olive Oil Conditioner and Rinse. The salon never uses rinses (been there like 5 times) but I figured let me bring it anyways. So I hand my stylist my bag and she is like, "Girl, you are wasting your money?" I was like, "Huh?!" She said "conditioner is just fine and rinses are like a cherry on top, you like it, but it is like, so what. Stop wasting that money girl!"

I was a bit surprised. All the other dominican salons I have been to use rinse. Sometimes, just rinse if you do not request DC. But she was like, "u bringing all them different conditioners, stick with a cheap one and no rinse, just extra build up."

i dont know, i lurve my rinse. but she is a total hair nazi! :lachen:But that is why i like her. :grin:

Who uses rinse? who doesnt and why?

In my opinion rinses and conditioners are the same I use both. Sometimes i'll just use the rinse or just use the conditioner. Honestly I don't see the difference. But I use them anyway. But to me they are both conditioners.

tati

So It IS okay to leave the Rinse on like it's conditioner and go sit under a heat cap?? Because I've been eyeing the Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Rinse for a while on Sickbay.

It's enexpensive and someone said the cinnamon will tingle my scalp and help to stimulate growth just like peppermint does.

Back