HUGE TANGLES MESS... PLEASE HELP

MDinLA

I have a huge TANGLED KNOT in the middle of my hair. It's a results of braiding, cowashing a few times and not having time to detangle between cowashes. I have just washed my hair and deep conditioned with Keracare Humecto, and attempted detangling for the past hour in the shower and it won't budge... any suggestions? I would hate to have to cut a huge chunk of my hair off, I get married in 4 months. Any suggestions? mayo, olive oil? anything? PLEASE HELP...

Some of the ladies in another thread was using French Perm Stabilizer Plus for bringing down the pH of their hair after a relaxer and for detangling. I hear Sally's carry it, maybe you should try that. Some have also been using the Mane-n-Tail Detangler and have gotten good detangling results. Hot Oil treatments with virgin coconut oil also helps. I hope one of these detangling solutions will be able to help you out. good luck.

I'm sorry to hear this... Do you have any detangling conditioners/ lotion? maybe you can try putting some on and try unraveling little by little, woking from the end upwards.
the only detangling lotion that comes to mind is the kid's organics shea butter lotion but maybe other ladies can give you other product recommendations.

No I dont have any detangling conditioners. That is a good suggestion. God I pray this works!

No I dont have any detangling conditioners. That is a good suggestion. God I pray this works!

I hope so too. Last time i had bad tangles, just slapped on loads of detangler and worked through it. It took a while but didn't lose as much hair as i thought i would.

A lot of people seem to be having success with the French Perm Stabilizer Plus. So I think I will give this a try. Will go out to BSS today and see what happens. Keeping fingers crossed.

I got a huge knot the one time I had braids and I used lots and lots of olive oil to finally work it out. :ohwell: I hope you can get it out with minimal damage.

Olive oil initially came to mind because I do have some in my bathroom. I think I will try that first before buying a new product. Thanks for the suggstion.

I'm sorry about your tangles and I hope that you were successful at detangling. Keep us posted with what worked for you.

Well my fiance went to several beauty supply stores in the area to find the French Perm Stabilizer plus. They all were closed. So I put a lot of olive oil, some Loreal detangler for kids and some water. None really worked very well. But my fiancee and eventually my mom got the knots out. Unfortunately I lost a lot of hair in the process. Hopefully not to much. We will see with the next roller set.

Sorry you lost some hair.

Next time, try some apple cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Maybe like 1/4 ACV and 3/4 water. It works really well with those big nasty matts.

Back