Huge magnetic rollers

albane

For a long time, I have an advocate of using mesh rollers

However recently I have been using more and more frequently the huge 3 in. magnetic rollers that you may find at Sally in green color or in other brands as purple color. They are soda can size.

I would appreciate a feedback from those ladies who are using such rollers. As long as possible could you answer the 3 following questions
- how frequently do you use these rollers
- how many rollers do you use (if you use different iszes, pls give detail)
- do you airdry or do you dry under the hood
Thanks for the input

Not sure how helpful this will be, but I'll try. I used to use the green ones a few years ago when my hair was relaxed. I remember using between six and eight rollers. It made for a quick roller set but there was lots of hair in each roller. I only used them a couple of times because I had a hard time getting the proper tension. I would dry them under an extra large soft bonnet dryer.

I use these green rollers 2x each week.
I use about 8.
I airdry in them, usually overnight.:)

I was thinking about using one of these rollers for a ponytail rollerset on the length of my hairwhile going under the hood dryer for 15 min to get my roots dry and straight. Isis has pics in her fotki where she routinely airdries in these in a ponytail rollerset all over her head.

Priestess said:
I was thinking about using one of these rollers for a ponytail rollerset on the length of my hairwhile going under the hood dryer for 15 min to get my roots dry and straight. Isis has pics in her fotki where she routinely airdries in these in a ponytail rollerset all over her head.
What a synchronicity!:lol: We posted almost at the same time!

Isis said:
What a synchronicity!:lol: We posted almost at the same time!

Yeah, girl isn't that funny! When my post when through and I saw you had already posted, I was like okay, now my post is redundant! :lol:

You know I immediately thought of you sleeping on those big @ss rollers! :lachen:

how frequently do you use these rollers - everytime i rollerset which is about once a week
- how many rollers do you use (if you use different iszes, pls give detail) between 10-12 i prefer the purple to the green though the my purple ones are smoother than the green
- do you airdry or do you dry under the hood - i do both but i prefer going under the dryer

I used to use the magnetic rollers, then tried the mesh ones and haven't looked back since. You can get more tension with the mesh ones and hair dries quicker.

Hi Albane!

A couple of years ago we had conversations regarding the mesh rollers, which I tried and enjoyed the extra tension and shorter drying time but in the end my hair was drier and the ends weren't smooth. So I returned to magnetic rollers.

I only use two because I have a rather unorthodox method of setting my hair, mostly because I am too lazy to set my whole head. I pull my hair back in a ponytail and use two green rollers. Sit under the dryer (ionic soft bonnet) for 45 minutes and then use an ionic blowdryer to dry the roots. At night I use four red (2-1/2") rollers with a satin scarf.

When I do set my whole head I can't remember how many green rollers I use but I use red ones around my edges. (It helps with getting the bonnet on) and sit under an ionic soft bonnet dryer for 45 minutes. The dry time would be longer for you because if I recall your hair is longer then mine. (My hair is about an inch and half above bra strap).

I hope that helps!

Hello Simcha, yes I remind our discussion. interesting to know that you switch back to the magnetic. As for me, the problem is not the dryness, but the fact that my hair has been growing further and the 2 in diameter, which is the largest existing for mesh, does not fit anymore to my length. This is why I was trying to use larger rollers which exist only in magnetic form. It is not very easy to make a full set with those rollers. Unlike most of the other girls I am looking for a set with at least 20 of these rollers, which in tuyrn creates a difficulty for the dryer size.
thanks for your input, thanks to all other respondents too

Back