HOW WOULD YOU REACT?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
A co worker was staring at my hair today and said my hair looked like a wig and she wanted to snatch it off.:blush: I had no idea if it meant my hair looked good or bad. :ohwell: Since I'm newly relaxed, I am currently unsure of what she meant. A lot of people like my relaxed hair, but I'm only keeping it that way for a short period of time. I'm currently roller setting and wrapping it. I'll be getting some pics up soon. I think I'll leave my twists up for future inspiration.

I think it may have been a compliment too, but the part about taking it off is a little offensive :ohwell:

I love the look of your natural hair, so very thick. Can't wait to see those pictures of your relaxed hair. Hurry up and get them up girl....

I think it was a compliment. The snatch it off part is kinda strong lol but I'm sure she was just playing around. Your hair probably looks really thick and pretty:yep:.

When did you relax DD?

I'm sure the wig comment was a compliment, lol!

I relaxed June 22. I'm going to long transition so I can have longer natural hair when I BC. I am going on vacation to Las Vegas. When I come back I will have pics. I think the way my hair falls is a bit wiggish, but I won't cut until I'm ready. I really do miss my natural hair, but I wasn't taking care of my hair and the shortness of it was discouraging to me.:ohwell: I'm going to take the time to long transition for the first time instead of being too hasty and BCing. I am also going to learn hoow to roller set my hair so I don't lose any progress from daily heat use. I used Silk Elements No lye. It was the most gentle relaxer that I've ever used and the only relaxer to ever get my hair bone strait. My hair is currently a little below ear level. I'm really excited about this journey because now I have a new appreciation of my natural hair. It really is more versatile than my relaxed hair.

I don't understand the violent connotations.

Does your hair look so good it's inspiring that level of haterade??

Pics would help with context.

I would sarcastically say.....not sure if I'm to take that as an compliment or an insult as I don't know what you mean by that and walk off. end of discussion.

Hate to sound basic, but what a *****. That was def was not a compliment.

Her: Your hair looks like a wig. I want to snatch it out.

Me: Why because you don't have any? *bemused stare*

Print this out, fill in the blanks, spritz it with a dash of haterade, then seal it with a kiss :blowkiss:

lack-of-tact.jpg

Print this out, fill in the blanks, spritz it with a dash of haterade, then seal it with a kiss :blowkiss:

lack-of-tact.jpg
OP, we would've been up in that office like this::catfight:People are so tactless!!

Sooooo....why did I just save this certificate to my computer so that I can print it out and put it to good use, ASAP?!!!

A co worker was staring at my hair today and said my hair looked like a wig and she wanted to snatch it off.:blush: I had no idea if it meant my hair looked good or bad. :ohwell: Since I'm newly relaxed, I am currently unsure of what she meant. A lot of people like my relaxed hair, but I'm only keeping it that way for a short period of time. I'm currently roller setting and wrapping it. I'll be getting some pics up soon. I think I'll leave my twists up for future inspiration.

Omg, I thought my coworker was the only weirdo who said things like that! Everytime I got my hair relaxed, she would tell me it looked like a wig/weave. But one time she really freaked me out and said "I wanna shave your head, stick all your hair on a scalp, and put it on my head!" I was like :perplexed :rolleyes: :help:

When did you relax DD? I remember reading a recent post where you said you were thinking about going back. Well, hey, if it works for you and you are happy then great!

On the topic at hand, I'm not quite sure what she meant either, but take it in stride and don't lose sleep over it :)

Omg, I thought my coworker was the only weirdo who said things like that! Everytime I got my hair relaxed, she would tell me it looked like a wig/weave. But one time she really freaked me out and said "I wanna shave your head, stick all your hair on a scalp, and put it on my head!" I was like :perplexed :rolleyes: :help:

If she said to me, THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPEND!

KidSlap.gif

Last edited:
Back