How to smooth edges on natural, flat ironed hair

I flatiron my edges with my mini Sedu iron and that gets them flat--normally they won't revert but if they get wet from rain/snow or something and start getting fuzzy I use a teeeensy bit of Luster's Slick Stick.

Just ordered Oyin's burnt sugar pomade.

I do not like the ORS edge control.

Hoping for Oyin to wow me.

Kurlee Are you talking about how to keep your edges straight when your hair is flat ironed and straight or how to keep your edges straight when your hair is in a ponytail?

@Kurlee Are you talking about how to keep your edges straight when your hair is flat ironed and straight or how to keep your edges straight when your hair is in a ponytail?
both:yep:. i sweat in my head something awful. If a room is too hot, my hair will revert. My hair reverts while i sleep and I have an afro at the roots and it's straight from two inches down. i need the hairline to at least stay smooth so i can work with the rest:look:

hm ors edge control did not work for me. all it did was cake up. i actually threw it away because i hated that it gave me build up.

Before flat ironing I apply Aveda Anti-Humectant pomade. Love it. And then every couple of days I apply it, especially if I think I'm going to encounter moisture. Also, wearing a scarf with hair just straight back helps keep edges straight as well.

That ORS stuff gets my edges gooey and it flakes. This was only after 2 very light uses. I can use stiffness for almost 2 weeks with no problem so I just need to stay with that. I wonder if Sallys will take this ORS back if it's been used?

Back