How to Refresh A Wash-N-Go

Ginsana

For those of you ladies who have natural or texturized hair, how in the world do you get your wash-n-gos to look fresh on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th day?? Do I have to wash my hair or totally rinse it every day in order for it to look fresh, because that takes forever to dry! Any suggestions would be helpful. I wake up on the 2nd day of my wash-n-go with bedhead and I don't know how to get it to look fresh and huge like it was the day before....HELP!!! I don't want to do ponytails again :crying3: :whyme:

Thanks..

Some ladies put there hair up on top of there head in a loose bun before they go to bed to "Preserve" the curls. it didn't work for me. Some people also use a lavender mist ( 5-10 drops of lavender oil in water bottle) to refresh curls by misting then scrunch. This didn’t work for me either.

curlygirl493 said:
i have to re-wet my hair everyday in order for my wash n go to not look like a hot mess n go, the curls get smashed when i sleep
:lachen: ...a hot mess n go...! :lachen:
Back to the subject: Misting my hair with E.O.-infused water, or quickly re-wetting it in the shower refreshes my wash n go. I would gently shake my head after re-wetting it.

I have tried the misting with the different Essential Oils as well as trying the updo ponytail as I sleep and I too have still ended up with a hot mess. I have too have to rewet my hair for it to look decent....what a pain! lol!

I'd either run my hands under water and pat it on my head, scrunching a little along the way OR I'd lightly mist it with a spritz of water and other things. It didn't need a lot of water to rejuvenate.

I spritz with a mix of water, oil and conditioner. Then I slap a little bit of gel on it and i'm usually ok. But I usually only can do this for one day because by the 3rd day, my hair feels really dry and no amount of spritzing can make it look right.

nurseN98 said:
I spritz with a mix of water, oil and conditioner. Then I slap a little bit of gel on it and i'm usually ok. But I usually only can do this for one day because by the 3rd day, my hair feels really dry and no amount of spritzing can make it look right.

I spritz my hair with water and Aphogee leave in conditioner mixed together and reapplied a little product for curls and my hair was great!

I'm happy! Thanks ladies....

I also run my hands under warm water and rub it through my hair to get it a little damp. Then I add a little moisturizer to my hair and that way I don't have to thoroughly wet it every day.

precious_pup said:
I also run my hands under warm water and rub it through my hair to get it a little damp. Then I add a little moisturizer to my hair and that way I don't have to thoroughly wet it every day.

I'll try this too, because I hate looking like a wet chicken first thing in the morning for hours until my hair decides its ready to dry!!

Back