How to make twist out last longer than one day?

krissynick

the other day i washed and braided my hair wet... i let it dry overnight then i wore it out the next day but it didnt last too long... by the end of the night it neede to be done over........... can anyone help me with this... should I have used some moussee in my hair or some setting lotion....... get back to me guys? I really like the style ppl say it looks cute on me so u know i gotta wear it again

My braid outs and twist out last longer when I keep the braids/twists in longer (at least a week). If I keep my braids in for at least a week, my braid outs can last two weeks. I just lightly re-braid at night (I'm natural and cannot sleep on my hair out unless I want serious matting/detangling problems) and take them down the next day. The same goes for twists. :yep:

Ive done a braidout and twistout on wet hair with the same products I use for my rollersets (leave in, serum, and a foaming setting lotion)....I sat under the dryer for 3 minutes. All I did was wear a bonnet to bed and the style lasted several days....I rebraided it at night on the 3rd or 4th day. It seems like the heat is what made it last bc when I did airdried ones, they didnt last more than a day.

I don't do braidouts, but my twistouts last longer when I use a creamy leave-in on wet hair and seal with mango butter. I sleep in a satin bonnet and use mango butter to wake up the curls the next day. This style lasts for about a week.

Back