How to make a style last?

QT

Since I was in hs I was never able to keep a style more than a week. Now I have a rod set and want it to last at least 2 weeks. I wear a bonnet and try to sleep “pretty” however, it still only last a week…… So, what is your technique?

I don't really use bonnets, because I find that they only hold a style for a "shorter" (definitely speaking relatively) time frame, like a week max.

If I want my style to last for weeks, or look like it can (I can't go longer than 2 weeks w/o a wash now; it used to be 3), I take the time to actually pin my hair up, depending on the style.

With rod sets, I spring the curls each back on themselves, pin with duck pins, then wrap my hair with a scarf. This takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr, but the extra longevity requires more time investment for most of my styles, particularly this one. I also AVOID HUMIDITY. My hair usually does very well with humidity, but with rod sets, it's a disaster.

I do the same thing basically with all my styles, but am more lax with the pinning (don't worry about each piece of hair being pinned individually) and the weather, and my hair holds up well.

HTH.

Back