How to make a safe bun... Pixs included

leejure

Okay, I promise this is my last post. I will climb back under my rock after this!
laugh.gif

As promised, I have added 3 pixs on how I make my buns NOW without experiencing any breakage. Unfortunately, my co-worker's camera ran out of juice, so the quality of the pixs are horrible, but you can still get the idea (i hope)

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
Thanks Lee. But do you think that method of making a bun could work on different lengths of hair?

Candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

When I started doing my bun like this, I was unable to wind it all the way around. It stopped right at the bottom of the first pix 'wind up'. My suggestion, if you do not have enough hair to wind around, or if your bun looks 'puny" like mine did, then use the donut, or other bun aiders. If you have to wear the the bun that caused me damage, just make sure you use something soft and silky OR do a regualr ponytail and pin the ends under. I think Adrienne has a pix of how she does her hair when wearing a drawstring. This is also how I use to do my buns, and instead of putting a drawstring on, I would simply cover with a scrunchy.

-lee

I remember Adrienne has a picture of how to make a bun. I think I will have to check out her album to refresh my memory. Thanks Lee

Candycane

Thanks a lot, Lee. You are so gracious to ensure that we don't make the same mistake. You're highly appreciated!

Sweetpea

Thanks leejure! I am seriously considering getting one of those clip on buns from Sally's, like a phonytail almost.

Thanks leejure
smile.gif
until yesterday i was doing my buns the EXACT same way that you said caused so much breakage for you. The funny part is that i kept wondering--"hmmm, i wonder if this causes breakage by repeatedly bending the hair the same way everyday." us girls need to start following our first mind
smile.gif
I am doing the healthy version of the bun you posted and i'm loving it (using a scrunchie to secure it). I don't have stray hairs getting loose and touching my neck anymore and it just looks more attractive. Thanks again----jainygirl

I just did my daughters hair for ballet class!!! I used this method for her bun, I swear I was sooo excited!!! It's the BEST bun I've done yet. My daughter was looking at me like
nuts.gif
LOL...I slicked her hair back using fantasia frizz buster and a bit of the motions shine enhancing pomade. Her hair is gorgeous so shiny and wavy. I wish I could show pics. I really gotta get my camera up and running!

Thanks again showing me how to do a proper bun.

i also do a old lady bun, wihout any scruncie at all, i feel this is the best because there is no band to rub against your hair....i loosley put all my hair at the top or semi top of head and just twist the length, but i secure it with safe hair pins...maybe 2-3....

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
I slicked her hair back using fantasia frizz buster and a bit of the motions shine enhancing pomade. Her hair is gorgeous so shiny and wavy. I wish I could show pics. I really gotta get my camera up and running!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone else likes this combination! Please post pics!
smile.gif

Yes, thanks to you I bought these two products mainly for my daughter because her hair is JUST like your
smile.gif
It worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

Sassy,

Thanks for posting those links. Those ladies' protective styles are beautiful. Okay, let me go try...
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Sassy,

Thanks for posting those links. Those ladies' protective styles are beautiful. Okay, let me go try...
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll join you in about 10 yrs.
cool.gif
I love the "figure 8" looking bun in Katrine's sig.
smile.gif

A "How To" pic is worth a thousand words. Thanks for taking the time to share you pics and your experience.
smile.gif

This looks great in a loose coil, a figure 8 with a heavy bottom, accessorized with hair sticks or banana clip as well. The possibilities using the coil method as the bases to a style are just about endless.

Edited to add: I've been securing my coil buns with Hair Day Pins (thanks Allandra) for months now...haven't notice any breakage.

I checked out the styling station link and I love the French Braided Bun as well as some others I saw. I also checked out the link on that site for hair flowers at

http://www.lavahut.com/lei.htm

I like the idea of flowers in my bun and it looks like the flower clips may be easy to make. I saw some recently at a dollar store also.

Back