How to Make a Blowout Last

w332

Hi Ladies!

The title of the thread is a little misleading. I don't actually have a blowout. But, my hair is so light, fluffy and voluminous after my wash and press that it feels like a blowout (my hair is neck length and thinner than I would like because I am nursing it back to health after a few sewins~ it's also NATURAL type 4 hair).

I have been oiling my scalp with Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Oil Heavy Cream and braiding the nape of my hair at night (because it has been cut recently, and I want it to grow back better and faster). When I do this, my hair gets weighed down easily and doesn't look as nice as when I leave the salon, but it seems to get gradually healthier.

My hairstylist (who is awesome! :yep:) commented that it is growing nicely even though I have only seen her for 4 visits, but when I asked her if i should oil the scalp, she said she wants me to just wrap my hair at night and only use a light cream on the ends a few nights a week...even though my scalp is dry like that.

My question is: Is there a way that I can still oil my scalp with the Amla and Olive Oil Cream and braid the back at night AND still have a nice wrap that looks really good the next day?!? I know I am asking a lot, but hopefully there is a hair guru on here who knows how I can do this.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but I would try oiling your scalp with a very light oil like sunflower oil instead of using a heavy cream.

But hopefully others may have some other suggestions.

I like kemi oil for my roller sets. All you need is a tiny bit for shiny hair that is smooth and not weighed down. Proclaim olive oil from Sally's is good too.

Do you ladies think I should oil my scalp? The stylist says no. Plus, it weighs my hair down. I am only considering it because it seems to make the hair healthier.

What do you ladies think?

Back