How to Keep the Shine in Mom's Silver White Hair

rawsilk

My mother has gorgeous naturally 3a long white/silver hair. Lately she is starting to notice that it sometimes looks less white/silver and more yellow/grey. Any suggestions re products -- from the kitchen or from manufacturers (high or low end) that work to keep color out of white hair and just lock in shine? Her hair is not wirey (like my new greys) so moisture, etc. is not a concern - just the color.

Last edited:
Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo and Conditioner works well for yellowing hair. The purple tones will neutralize the yellow color. It shouldn't be over used though it will turn the hair blue. Good Luck!

That's what I used on her hair yesterday and wouldn't you know -- there was "bluing" with one use. I am hoping that someone will say, e.g., "white vinegar" or some unknown Ayurvedic or Italian product that I've never hear of. Thank you for the suggestion though.
Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo and Conditioner works well for yellowing hair. The purple tones will neutralize the yellow color. It shouldn't be over used though it will turn the hair blue. Good Luck!

Back