How to get that shine!??

babyb900

Hi!!! I'm new :grin:

I've been lurking since may/june and you ladies have done more for my hair that you realize :blowkiss:

But anyway, what do you ladies use to make your hair shiny???

When I do my hair, its so soft, luxurious and bouncy, and its got that swang lol, but it looks kinda dull to me.

I want to use oil, but my hair feels kinda coated after a while of using it.

At first I thought my hair was just dry, but it doesn't feel broken or brittle, it just doesn't look very shiny to me.

What can you ladies suggest???? :help: Thanks

I am newbie and I just used Lacio Lacio for the first time yesterday and it gave me lots of shine. I applied a small amount while wet and wrapped my hair, set under a dryer and when I combed it out it was shiney like I applied some serum. I see why lots of ladies rave about this product. I think I will take it with me to the salon next week

^^ Lacio Lacio will make your hair super shiny.

Also a very VERY light hand with some coconut oil and evoo mixed together will do the trick and seal your hands nicely. :yep:

I used a spritz I make myself for moisture, and I've noticed that aloe vera juice/gelly makes your hair very shiny, and it's a 'shine from within' kind of shine that I really like.

Lacio Lacio??? What's that? A styling product???

Sorry if I sound slow, but I haven't used a lot of products you ladies have in my hair.

Lacio Lacio??? What's that? A styling product???

Sorry if I sound slow, but I haven't used a lot of products you ladies have in my hair.

Its a leave in conditioner that is used in alot of dominican salons. It can help repair overprocessed hair and it has silk proteins in it. You can try to find it locally at the BSS or spanish bodega. You can purchase alot of dominican products online here if you can't find it locally

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/WPSF200207KD0306.htm

Co Signing on the Lacio Lacio Leave In. My hair does not shine naturally but this is my go-to if I want some shine.

I'm also one of the few who still use oil sheen. Sparingly, Dudley's (and only Dudley's) Oil sheen gives great shine without weight.

i am also a newbie!!!:grin: when i do my hair ..to seal in the moisture during blowdry i add a lil bit of castor oil to my hair then i flat iron with my fhi ceramic iron. that gives my hair that bling bling ... My coworker calls my shiny black long hair instead of my name .... I like it :grin:

I like to use molasses in my hair and it gives a dark, glossy shine :)

molasses???
Wow..........
I would've never thought to try something like that
Do you ladies regularly have luck finding the Lacio Lacio?
Or do most of you get it from online?

I like to use molasses in my hair and it gives a dark, glossy shine :)

Please explain this molassess concept? :drunk:

Wait I found it....

How to Use:

As a Pre-Treatment - Wet hair and apply 1/4 cup of molasses from root to tip. Leave on for at least 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly. Then shampoo and condition. Hair should feel soft and shiny.

As a Deep Conditioning Pak - Mix 1/4 cup of molasses with an equal part of a thick oil, i.e. olive or avocado oil, and add to a conditioner. Apply to hair, concentrating on the ends and let penetrate for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and style.

For best results, use Black Strap Molasses, which is available at most grocery and natural food stores.

Last edited:
Back