How to get back hair to lay flat?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
PLEASE HELP!
shocked.gif

My hair in the back sticks out away from my body! How can I get it to lay flat on my neck? Any suggestions?

The only thing that comes to mind is to put on a satin or silk scarf after styling your hair and tie it so it flattens that area. Wear it for maybe 30 minutes or so and remove it. Whatever happens, it won't mess up your hairstyle. I do this when the poufiness starts up as my new growth comes in, or if I have poufy hair period. It seems to help.

GIRL I hate this and I am the only one of my friends that has this problem! Whenever I get any bit of new growth in the back it lifts up. No matter if I wrap it or what. The only way I can avoid it? Is to grow my hair to my shoulders
ohwell.gif
. I'm growing out a cut now and my hair lifts up, the only way it can look decent down with new growth and I don't have to worry about it lifting up is wearing it flipped.

[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:
GIRL I hate this and I am the only one of my friends that has this problem! Whenever I get any bit of new growth in the back it lifts up. No matter if I wrap it or what. The only way I can avoid it? Is to grow my hair to my shoulders
ohwell.gif
. I'm growing out a cut now and my hair lifts up, the only way it can look decent down with new growth and I don't have to worry about it lifting up is wearing it flipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i experience too! I hope we get more suggestions...

[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
rofl.gif
I'm glad you're talking about the hair on your head. For a minute there, I thought you meant "back" hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif

Are you using some type of setting lotion or gel that might be holding the shape of your hair when it's in a roller?

Also, is your hair curly. When I was growing out my very short cut I had to buy this stuff that would keep my hair down w/o drying it out. I think that it was called "G.U.M".

I have almost an entire tube of it. I'd be happy to pass it on to you, if you think that it will work.

I know, and I only met one other person with this problem, she was my old stylist (I miss her so much) and she said her hair did the same thing. When I would go to other stylist they would try to extend my touch ups and when I would come back they would be like, why is your hair sticking out in the back, you need to wrap it, and I would be like, I wrap it, I do everything thank you very much. But my old stylist knew that it didn't matter cause my hair was still gonna stick up if I had new growth.

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i experience too! I hope we get more suggestions...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess its just new growth making it stick out. I wrap my hair at night too but now I'm going to stop doing that because I was advised that people with thin hair should not wrap their hair because it will get thinner and will eventually break/shed. So I roll my hair up at night with 6 rollers as Sherrylove had suggested to me. I tried it last night and it worked. My hair in my nape area doesnt stick out as much either
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
rofl.gif
I'm glad you're talking about the hair on your head. For a minute there, I thought you meant "back" hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I!
laugh.gif

Back