How to find a doctor that treats hair loss?

I want to go to a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss. Can anyone on board recommend a doctor who they got results from in the New York City area? The consultaton fee for these doctors is a few hundred dollars and I don' know if I will get results so I am looking for referrals. Thanks

There are some hair loss boards out there. I am sure there may be some folks there that may know someone or even know where you can search for one.

When I was researching how MN makes hair grow faster, I found some hair loss forums with many people chatting about the subject.

They seem to really know there stuff and I am sure many of them have docs that they use.

Good luck.

Before you go, try these things. I was like you, lookin for a hair loss doctor. These things I found were the problems

1. Low iron
  2. Not enough sleep
  3. too much stress
also go to your regular md and get a thyroid test.

Phillygryl said:
I want to go to a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss. Can anyone on board recommend a doctor who they got results from in the New York City area? The consultaton fee for these doctors is a few hundred dollars and I don' know if I will get results so I am looking for referrals. Thanks

I don't know any Dr's in NYC but Vera Price, MD at UCSF is the "expert" in hairloss. If you call her office, they can give you a referral in your area.
(415) 476-9000. Good luck!

Back