How to do a twist out?

PinkLily

I'm thinking of trying a twist-out this weekend. Can someone let me know how you do the flat twists and what products I should use? I want them to come out soft and shiny, not hard. Thanks!!

I found that doing a twistout on dry hair works best. I used to fo them all the time (prior to finding LHCF) on wet hair and the definition was not as great as when I did it using Kombov_Dymond's method. Now as for describing how to do the twists... :p I do two-strand twists on the scalp (if that is clear). I am not good at describing how to do it, I just know how. :ohwell: I have pics in my album. There are 2 nights. Have a looksy

I let my hair air dry and them I apply a cream leave-in conditioner and a serum to each section before I twist it. Also, I find that with me, the bigger I make the sections, the better my definition comes out. I am not saying do only four twists, but I used to do like 13 to 14 twists and it didn't look as good when I did like 7 or 8.

Thanks for the advice Kaddy! The pic in your album looks great. I'm one of those people who never learned to cornrow well though so I'm not really sure how to do the two-strand twists so they stay on my head. Any tips?

i thnk two strand twisting is a lil easier than cornrowing because your just twisting your hair with two strands. why dont you try individual twists first and then flat twists? when you flat twist, take two pieces of hair where you want to start and make one or two twists with it and then try to go back on the hair and grab another piece of hair to incorporate in the twist and just keep going. its a lot easier doing it than im explaining. it just took me practice for my flat twists to come out perfect.

Thanks for the twistout steps, guys. KAddy, your album was really helpful. I'm gonna experiment with them this weekend to see how different it will look from braidouts. :)

Back