How to define back of hair

levette

okay so I big chopped last month. I am having difficulty keeping the back of my hair/fro defined with curls. I welcome suggestions. my hair is 3c/4a

Since you say ‘keeping’ the back of your hair defined is the problem, I’m assuming you are able to define it initially? If that’s the case, it sounds like you just need a product with a firmer hold/harder cast. What products are you using?

There is a WnG support thread around here that it would benefit you to read through.
even with gel,it frizzes up

Congrats on your BC!!
Is the back of your hair 3c or 4a? What products have you tried? Is your hair cut in a particular way (like shorter in the back)? How short is your hair overall?
Congrats on your BC!!
Is the back of your hair 3c or 4a? What products have you tried? Is your hair cut in a particular way (like shorter in the back)? How short is your hair overall

This is a close up. I’m unsure of my hair texture it strinks a lot. Some of the back of my hair is hard to get definition. It might be heat damage .here is a pic. Is this 4a hair ? My curls are big when I wash but shrink afterwards when it dries

Attachments

• 2B3FDF37-A7BD-4867-8316-9278FE877D32.jpeg
    2B3FDF37-A7BD-4867-8316-9278FE877D32.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 27
Could have different textures in different areas.

If it is damage then you may need to use different products/combinations on the high porosity hair. It probably won't look exactly the same, or last as long in the style as the healthier hair though IME.

Back