HOW TO DEAL WITH THE FRUSTRATION??!

soslychic

My hair is thick. My hair is thick. I'll say it again....MY HAIR IS THICK!

I wanted to air dry, I tried to air dry, but if I ever wanna step out of the house with a dry head of hair this is just not possible. My hair simply NEVER dries. I've seperated my hair into a bunch of sections to speed up the time, then I've squeezed all excess water and moisture out to speed up the time, then I've set and ended up taking the rollers or whatever out way early because I can't tell that my hair is not dry before I take it out. Then I have a frizzy mess.
mad.gif
So I tried sitting under the dryer for a full HOUR.
mad.gif
My hour STILL wasn't dry. So I decided to sleep in the rollers.
sleep8.gif
Of course my hair will be dry in the morning after all that dryer time. IT STILL WASN'T DRY!
huh.gif

Now my hair is thick yes and I'm pretty sure I've made quite clear. I've been told that my whole life, hair stylists have freaked out because of how thick it is. Now don't get me wrong. I luv the thickness. When I get the right style it's full, and bouncy and the thickness become's a good thing and unless something drastic happens I'm simply NOT gonna have a problem with thin hair anytime soon, so I wouldn't trade it. But people please tell me...WILL MY HAIR EVER DRY??
look.gif
ohwell.gif
crazy.gif

My hair is also super thick, and it does air dry. Heck, it might take a while, but it will and can air dry. Just give it some time. BTW, does it have to be all the way dry before you can go outside of your house?

No, but it's usually set with rollers or something and it'll be frizzy if I take them out too soon and obvously I can't go out of the house with rollers.

I feel you on the THICKNESS! My daughter and I are also blessed with THICK hair. My daughter sat under the dryer for 1 1/2 hours the last time we did a set and she still wasn't dry!
mad.gif
She was not happy with me about it! But i let her air dry for another 1/2 hour then she was fine, especally after she saw how nice her hair came out.

My last stylest liked my hair when I first started going to him... then it got to the point when he saw me I could see the annoyance on his face
frown.gif
, especally if I had new growth and wasn't getting a toch up!! cause that meant he would really have to work to get that new growth under control .. He was an older man....and a lot of patience anyway!

I do our hair now and when we do wet sets and what not... I make sure we have a lot of time on our hands - it the only way! I just get a good book or turn up the TV.

[ QUOTE ]

I wanted to air dry, I tried to air dry, but if I ever wanna step out of the house with a dry head of hair this is just not possible. My hair simply NEVER dries. I've seperated my hair into a bunch of sections to speed up the time, then I've squeezed all excess water and moisture out to speed up the time, then I've set and ended up taking the rollers or whatever out way early because I can't tell that my hair is not dry before I take it out. Then I have a frizzy mess.
mad.gif
mad.gif
sleep8.gif
Of course my hair will be dry in the morning after all that dryer time. IT STILL WASN'T DRY!
huh.gif

Now my hair is thick yes and I'm pretty sure I've made quite clear. I've been told that my whole life, hair stylists have freaked out because of how thick it is. Now don't get me wrong. I luv the thickness. When I get the right style it's full, and bouncy and the thickness become's a good thing and unless something drastic happens I'm simply NOT gonna have a problem with thin hair anytime soon, so I wouldn't trade it. But people please tell me...WILL MY HAIR EVER DRY??
look.gif
ohwell.gif
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly how you feel. My hair is exceptionally thick also. I've even had braiders go up on the price they quoted me on the phone when they see my thick hair.

I solved the drying problem by always doing my hair at night so my hair will have time to dry. I have natural medium length hair and I have to sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes + let my hair air dry for 8 hours while I sleep. When my hair was very long I would have to sit under the dryer for 40-50 minutes + sleep in front of a fan for 8 hours to get my hair to dry.

I feel your pain.
Remember: "Fans are your friends" They speed up my drying time while I sleep.

My hair is also thick and takes a while to air dry. If I can't wait, I will use a diffuser to remove some of the dampness before going outside.

It takes an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half to dry for a roller set. If you're having a problem with your hair drying under a dryer, perhaps using less hair per roller will help. It helps me.

I recommend sitting under the drier for 1/2 hour (maybe 45 min in your case)
and then let the rest air dry naturally.

That always helped speed up the drying process for me.

good luck!

[ QUOTE ]
I've asked this before, but I think I've forgotten. What exactly is a diffuser and how do you use it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an attachment placed on the tip of the blow dryer to help disperse the air flow so that the hair isn't blown around while it dries, thus causing frizz. You just aim it at your hair/head and use it like you'd use a blow dryer....well, it IS a blow dryer (with an attachment). I just run it all over my head to remove some or most of the excess moisture when I'm in a hurry.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

mad.gif
mad.gif
sleep8.gif
huh.gif

look.gif
ohwell.gif
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly how you feel. My hair is exceptionally thick also. I've even had braiders go up on the price they quoted me on the phone when they see my thick hair.

I solved the drying problem by always doing my hair at night so my hair will have time to dry. I have natural medium length hair and I have to sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes + let my hair air dry for 8 hours while I sleep. When my hair was very long I would have to sit under the dryer for 40-50 minutes + sleep in front of a fan for 8 hours to get my hair to dry.

I feel your pain.
Remember: "Fans are your friends" They speed up my drying time while I sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that when I had my micros in the lady that did my hair forgot how thick it was since I hadn't had braids in a while. So I can relate with everything you've said. Sometimes my hair isn't all the way dry the next day either so I know how you feel especially when I roller set my hair hair. For me I realized that the earlier I can do my hair then my hair will be dry the next morning. Maybe you could try doing that.

wow u girls are soooooooo lucky to have all that thick hair but i do understand what u mean bout it bein too thick...wish i too could complain bout my hair bein that thick too tho
perplexed.gif

Back