How to Create Balance Between Protein & Moisture

Curlybeauty

My hair seems to be pretty porous, and I have been seeing some broken hairs lately.

But when I go to do a light protein my hair acts a donkey. How am I supposed to create some balance when my hair is so bipolar?

Suggestions Please...

My hair seems to be pretty porous, and I have been seeing some broken hairs lately.

But when I go to do a light protein my hair acts a donkey. How am I supposed to create some balance when my hair is so bipolar?

Suggestions Please...

LMAO @ the bolded.

I wish I had an answer for you. At first, I was all about keeping the balance, but then I messed up and got a mild case of protein overload (accidently left the treatment in too long) and since then it's been to-he11 with that ****!

Before the protein mishap tho, I my hair was doing pretty well with the generic joico kpak reconstructing conditioner every 6 weeks. Of course, I followed that up with a moisturizing DC (AO HSR) right after.

Have you tried yogurt? It's very, VERY light protein and you can mix with a little honey, conditioner and oil, that way you get both and your hair won't overload on one or the other.

Maybe you can try a lighter protein conditioner. I like to mix my protein conditioner with oils to make it more moisturizing. You can also try mixing the protein conditioner with a moisturizing conditioner.

Back