How to - Any Ideas?

trinidarkie1

Hey All! I would like to do this style with a full sewn in weave tomorrow. My concern is, I'd like to put highlights in there so when the hair is curled backward the other color shows up. The only pic I could find was of Farrah Fawcett. Can I do a full bang like Ashanti and just style it back?

Any ideas or tutorials that someone can suggest?

ashanti_maxim.jpg

-5729461ae46684c71.jpg

Last edited:
You mean how Keri Hilson does it? My guess would be to put the different color track under the darker color so that when it's flipped the lighter (I'm guessing you would do a lighter color) color is seen.

this is not the picture I had in mind, she has another that shows it better...but yeah:

keri-hilson-gq-magazine-3.jpg

don't forget to post pics!!!

YES! YES! YES! This is it. I was fortunate enough to find a tutorial last night of this young lady doing her hair. I want to be sure it looks even and not crazy yuh know?

I'm not too big on the pics posting, but I will try. I may just put it in my fotki.

Update: I went to the BSS today and I bought my stash. Although I figured the highlights would have looked nice, I couldn't really envision which color would look good on me since I am so dark. What I decided to do is to do the full weave with bangs in all black and then add the pieces of color should I want a change a few weeks down the line.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Back