How to airdry in cold climates?

islandgurl

i live in the UK and have been airdrying for the last month or 2 as its summer, but winter is fast approaching. how do you ladies in cold countries/areas of US airdry? i think i may have to go back to blow drying as i dont want to be sick as a result of sleeping with wet hair. i dont have a pibbs-hate to think how much that would cost over here:nono:. i usually le it dry in a clip for a while then plait after moisturising and sealing. it takes about 2 days.
i have enjoyed not having to use my blow drier but dont think i have any options
TIA

Girlie, what summer?????? :lachen:

I had my heater on a few days ago as it was so cold.

I don't think there is a way of getting around it unless I am wrong. What I did in the winter is wash, etc, style hair and then under portable soft top hairdrier making sure the roots are at least dry.

As you have a hand held hair drier you could run it over (medium heat, about 30cm away from the hair and, keep it moving) the hair/scalp to semi dry it?

When it gets cold out, I like to sit under the dryer but if I'm too lazy, I'll wash as soon as I get home from work, use an old t-shirt to squeeze out the excess water then part my hair into 4-6 sections and either braid or twist it. This gives my hair at least 4 hours before I have to go to bed. At bed time, I'll put on a scarf or bonnet and put a towel on my pillow. By morning, it's dry, or only slightly damp. You want to make sure your roots are dry before venturing outdoors so sectioning the hair off so your scalp can get some air is beneficial. The more sections, the better, especially with thick hair.

thanks everyone
i partly blame my current cold:nono: on airdrying. british summer has been a joke and now the cold is really setting in. Sunrise-where did you get your soft top drier. i have seen a few places selling bonnet attchments for hir dryers but dont know if i can trust them. have to wash today-will have to use dryer as i feel horrible at the moment:sad:. next week i'll try a plan b approach rather than full on incineration of my hair:lachen::lachen::lachen:

When I used to airdry, I still did it in the winter, so long as the place was warm, and the heat was blasting. It will be warm like summer inside, so it still dries by the morning.

You can safely do this as long as it's warm in your house; and you don't go outdoors after your wash.

thanks everyone
i partly blame my current cold:nono: on airdrying. british summer has been a joke and now the cold is really setting in. Sunrise-where did you get your soft top drier. i have seen a few places selling bonnet attchments for hir dryers but dont know if i can trust them. have to wash today-will have to use dryer as i feel horrible at the moment:sad:. next week i'll try a plan b approach rather than full on incineration of my hair:lachen::lachen::lachen:

:getwell:

I bought my soft hood dryer from a Hairdressing Wholesaler in Islington over 10 years ago. Still going strong but, knowing my luck, as soon as I use it next time, the thing will conk out on me!!

Tried to Google it but, no surprises, did not show up. I've only seen these around:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41M0KPXF01L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
41M0KPXF01L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

You can buy them in Argos.
Let us know how your hair turn out.

Last edited:
thanks everyone, thanks sunshine!! loving the cats! blowdried today:ohwell:. couldnt risk anything as i have a bad cold-forgot what my hair looked like blow dried-looks goooooooood(i know its bad for it though:sad:). its nice to have flatish hair. i last got relaxed end of april so my hair is ssssoooooooo out of control. havent decided what to do with it regarding relaxer. relaxed hair is easier but hate hairdressers (why do i always come out with a wet shirt having spent the WHOLE day there?) my poor scalp..........
tried everything for this dandruff but will it go?
hell no!!!:wallbash:

Back