How to achieve hair growth without the phonytails.

sweetie25

Hello all,
I am not big on hair weave but I am trying to grow my hair to my bra strap by september, it is 10 in. now can anyone give me a few suggestions for hair styles while I grow it out??
Thanks all!
grin.gif

I feel the same way. I am not big on the weave thing either. I have been doing alot of rollersets recently. It has been helping alot. When I grow my hair back to shoulder length, I am going to put my hair in a bun (my hair), because it seems that ultimately protecting the ends=retained length (more growth).

Hi sweetie
wave.gif

Welcome aboard.

I'm with u & islandgirl...I'm also not a "weaver", but I wanna be
smile.gif
My problem is that I can't seem to find the right color, texture so that it doesn't look too fake, u know?

But anyway, I'm finding much success with "air drying" hair styles... flat twists, twist outs, single braids, braid outs, ponytails, flexirods (I haven't actually air dried with flexirods yet). What I usually do is wear the hair out the first couple days, then pull the hair back into a bun to protect the ends during the last few days. I'm managing to keep the ends in tact & retain length.

Good luck in your search for a protective style
smile.gif

God Bless,
Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Hi sweetie
wave.gif

Welcome aboard.

I'm with u & islandgirl...I'm also not a "weaver", but I wanna be
smile.gif
My problem is that I can't seem to find the right color, texture so that it doesn't look too fake, u know?

But anyway, I'm finding much success with "air drying" hair styles... flat twists, twist outs, single braids, braid outs, ponytails, flexirods (I haven't actually air dried with flexirods yet). What I usually do is wear the hair out the first couple days, then pull the hair back into a bun to protect the ends during the last few days. I'm managing to keep the ends in tact & retain length.

Good luck in your search for a protective style
smile.gif

God Bless,
Peachtree

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same....with the rinsing either daily or every other day(depending on the style)...I have been able to achieve alot of growth...

Back