How strange is it.......

MissCrawford

That Aphogee 2 Step works wonderfully for me but not the 2 Minute. This seems odd. Does anyone else experience this? I also enjoy Mane n Tail as a replacement for the 2 Minute.

It's not strange at all. I can feel the effects of the 2 step, but the 2 minute - nothing.

Rather than use the 2 minute, I use another protein treatment mixed with a whole egg. Love it!

I have the opposite effect. The 2 Minute gives me crunchy hair but the 2 Step does not. Weird because it is stronger. Thanks for responding!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I love the two minute reconstructor. Its a lighter protein/deep conditioner combo which takes well to my hair as a natural. I find the two step to be too strong for my hair no that its in a very healthy condition, even though I have bottles of it that I keep on hand. I think when I go to use it I going to mix it with something to make it less concentrated. At some dominican salons in NY they mix it with a lot of oil.

I have the opposite effect. The 2 Minute gives me crunchy hair but the 2 Step does not. Weird because it is stronger. Thanks for responding!

If I put some of your 2 minute reconstructor in my hair as a test, and it gets crunchy, are you gonna chop it all off? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Sorry. Had to make a Mommie Dearest reference. :rolleyes:

Is there different proteins in it?

Maybe your hair needs a heavy dose of protein. Or perhaps following w/a moisture conditioner is the key.

Anavrin said:
If I put some of your 2 minute reconstructor in my hair as a test, and it gets crunchy, are you gonna chop it all off? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Sorry. Had to make a Mommie Dearest reference. :rolleyes:

Is there different proteins in it?

I laughed for a few moments before I commented, actually I'm still laughing. I loved that and yes there are two different proteins. LOL

virtuenow said:
Maybe your hair needs a heavy dose of protein. Or perhaps following w/a moisture conditioner is the key.

Yeah I love the 2 step but I think I will stick with the MNT for maintenance. I just don't love the 2 minute. MNT is part one in my moisture regimen. If I fail to use protein (at least once a week) before a deep conditioner it doesn't seem to take.

LisaMar said:
I love the two minute reconstructor. Its a lighter protein/deep conditioner combo which takes well to my hair as a natural. I find the two step to be too strong for my hair no that its in a very healthy condition, even though I have bottles of it that I keep on hand. I think when I go to use it I going to mix it with something to make it less concentrated. At some dominican salons in NY they mix it with a lot of oil.

That sounds really interesting. I never thought to mix it with oil. Does it still harden with heat or does it not matter?

Back