How soon to use rinse after getting highlights?

I got some copper color highlights in my relaxed hair three days ago. There is a section that is brighter than rest of my highlights. I want to use a shade of brown rinse to tone down the copper color so it doesn't stand out so much. I was told that a rinse could be applied to all of my hair in a week. Is that correct?

Can I apply rinse in less than a week without experiencing breakage? I was out of town visiting my cousin and used her hairdresser. So, that is why I am planning to apply rinse myself, but I want to make sure before I damage my hair.

Also, please advise on best brand name of rinse to use for best results.

Thanks

ultrasheen

IMO, you can use it as soon as possible; when I used to get highlights, the stylist would use a rinse to tone the lightened hair to the color that I wanted-- it wont do any harm. =]

Maybe there are some rinse brands with certain chemicals, but I've had rinses applied in less than a week with no problem-- the brand I always used to use was Sebastian Laminates Cellophanes and one time, it was a Kiss Express

Thank you so much for your quick response. I am going to beauty supply store to look for a dark brown rinse. I hope the color turns out okay. Will report back tomorrow on how it looks.

UPDATE -- I purchased Clairol Beautiful Collections in Darkest Brown and applied it. Then sat under dryer with plastic cap for 15 minutes of the total application time. Hair was tangled when I rinsed color from hair. Applied Keraphix and put on a plastic cap . . . sat under dryer for 10 minutes. When I removed plastic cap my hair felt soft when I rinsed out conditioner. I made the mistake of using a moisturizing conditioner Soft and Beautiful moisturizing complex because I thought I needed a moisturizing conditioner too after reading other comments on LCHF regarding rinses. The soft and beautiful usually does well on my hair and detangles. When I rinsed that conditioner out, my hair was tangled again.

My former hairdresser said I should have just stopped at the Keraphix. Anyway, I managed to get my hair untangled enough to do a wet wrap. Applied Motions wrapping lotion, and wrapped hair and got under hair dryer. After hair dried, I flat ironed and I was pleased with the results of the color. The Darkest Brown rinse changed the copper highlights to a medium brown color.

I have used a brown shade of Clairol Collections previously and it didn't change the color of my hair at all. I think that is because I didn't use a plastic cap with dryer for 10 - 15 minutes to help the color penetrate.

Does everyone always sit under dryer with plastic cap after applying rinse?

Thanks everyone! Now I am happy with my hair color.

Ultrasheen

Back