How Soon Is Too Soon

BlkHoneyLuv2U

to retouch a jacked up touch up? I gave myself a retouch on the 25th of July with motion moisturizing lye relaxer. I didnt let it stay in long enough so my new growth is still rather kinky. How long should I wait before I touch it up again?
confused.gif

If you MUST, I think 2 weeks is the absolute minimum. Obviously, the longer you can wait the better and healthier for your hair. . .

I was just going to ask the same question. My brother-in-law is a very good hairdresser and I trust him. I am going to let him fix my underprocessed hair (I jacked up my own touch-up) after 4 weeks, which he said is ok. He just won't leave the relaxer on as long if necessary. I think it will be ok. Underprocessed hair can be a real pain. I don't want it super straight, but I want my manageability back!

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
Ladies, when u do this, how long do u leave it on the second time?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to know this too. I have decided to wait till the 24th of this month to fix my mess, but how long should I leave it on?

When I have done it in the past I would put the relaxer on the newgrowth only for the majority of the process time and then durinng the last five minutes or so of processing I would put relaxer on the parts that need to be corrected and then either comb through or smooth in. It generally depends on how underprocessed the hair is. HTH

Back