How soon is too soon to re-color?

soslychic

I just colored my hair (I decided to do all over color instead of highlights)
I used texture and tones cherrywood. While the color is showing up more as my hair begins to dry, I believe that I still desire a stronger color. Can I achieve this using the same color later? How soon is too soon to do another coloring session? I'd like to add that my hair doesn't seem to feel damaged at all right now. I deep conditioned and moisturized and it feels very soft and it's natural so I have no overlapping of chemicals.

i would wait about 2 months befor coloring again. but im one of those people who is always extra precautious with chemicals

<font color="purple">I agree with Weave. The more you color again, the greater your hair will become damaged. If you could last, I would make a note on the calendar what day of the month I'd colored my hair last, and wait maybe 2-3 months or more. I color my hair 2x a year (spring and fall)and no more after that until next year. I can last, but I'm not in a hurry for a touchup. </font>

man i'm just itching to do this over. maybe i should control myself and think of hair health
smile.gif

I also would wait 2 or 3 months. I do my color touchups every 14 weeks. In between, I use Sebastian Colourshines to "refresh" it a little.

Also, when you color it again, I wouldn't apply it to my whole head for the whole time (30 mins.+)... You're only supposed to put the color on the new growth, and then run it through to the ends for only the last 5 minutes. That's what I do. I wouldn't dream of coloring my whole head at every touchup!!
nono.gif
nono.gif

*edited to add: Also, remember that your hair will get lighter as time goes on (as it gets shampooed)!!! I'm almost sure that you'll be happier with the color in a few weeks!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Also, when you color it again, I wouldn't apply it to my whole head for the whole time (30 mins.+)... You're only supposed to put the color on the new growth, and then run it through to the ends for only the last 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I know, but I didn't get the color I wanted
confused.gif

I want it lighter and I think that I can get it that way with another application. I'm not going blond or anything, it's just a medium red/brown.

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
I think that I can get it that way with another application. I'm not going blond or anything, it's just a medium red/brown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but still... it seems to me that another full application would be very drying to your hair (the "double dose" of peroxide)... Personally, I wouldn't do it... I think you should def. wait a few weeks and see if your color gets any lighter.

Okee dokee Lindy, I'll try very hard, but I didn't make things any easier for myself going out and buying the color again
laugh.gif

Well I'm ashamed to say this, but I ended up re-dying my hair the very day that those last words came out of my mouth
shocked.gif
!!!

I know I shouldn't have, but sometimes I'm just too hardheaded and if my hair dries out, that's what I'll get. I gotta learn the hard way
laugh.gif

But as for now, after my deep conditioning and moisturizing, my hair feels normal, very soft.
And I ADORE the color. Much redder than before. I mixed the t and t cherrywood and t and t red hot red.

Well I just wanted to update.
laugh.gif

Back