How soon can I use a semi-perm color on my hair again?

Kiadodie

I used a Semi-perm brown color by Gentle Treatment in my hair 2 weeks ago but it's already fading. How soon can I do it again without it damaging my hair.

If I were you I'd wait at least till my next relaxer unless you are stretching pass six weeks...

I think you show wait some too, about 2 more weeks. I used to used semi-permanent colors all the time, but can't remember how often I used them. However, why not try a color-enhancing shampoo to bring more of the color back.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you show wait some too, about 2 more weeks. I used to used semi-permanent colors all the time, but can't remember how often I used them. However, why not try a color-enhancing shampoo to bring more of the color back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone else recommended I use a color-enhancing shampoo & conditioner. Can you recommend a good brand?

It depends on what you are willing to spend. I have used one by Aveda (they have the color conditioners too)and Garden Botanika that I liked. However Motions also has a line of color enhancing conditioners. Motions Color Return

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on what you are willing to spend. I have used one by Aveda (they have the color conditioners too)and Garden Botanika that I liked. However Motions also has a line of color enhancing shampoos. Motions Color Return

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kaddy /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Someone else recommended that I can use equal parts of the semi perm color AND developer (like 1 oz each) to say, 2 ounces of conditioner, mix it all together, apply.
Do you think it's safe to mix the semi-color w/ a conditioner & use it that way on a weekly basis??

Kia - the color enhancing conditioners are good, but I have better luck just using a rinse on top of my colors to extend their life.

You can do the trick you talked about - color, developer, conditioner - but IMO you shouldn't do that any more frequently than you would semi-perm color. As long as there's developer in there, I'd limit the use to once every 2 months. No more. /images/graemlins/nono.gif

A RINSE, you could use once every 2 weeks if you wanted to (watching for buildup)....I have.

BTW - Redken makes fantastic color extending products. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

THanks Tracy. Sorry for all the questions but what rinse do you use? My color is a dark chocolate mousse.

I use several. Adore just diiscontinued all of their good colors (or so I was told by a BS owner) so you could try Sebastian instead. I would go with Neutral Brown or Brilliant Brown.

If you CAN find the old Adore in the WHITE bottle theyhave a color called medium brown that is wonderful.

You may also want to consider using Bigen instead of your semi-perm if it's fading so quickly. I find Bigen (not Bigen Xpressives) lasts longer and it has NO peroxide or ammonia. They have several pretty brown shades too...

Back