how soon after your last breakup did you start dating again?

naija24

I'm mostly curious. I'm so over my last relationship and I really just want to move on and meet men worthy of my time. Even if it's just casual dating and doesn't go anywhere.

I reactivated my online profiles that same night and was talking to guys within a couple of days. It took about 3 weeks to have another date and 4 weeks to get a new rotation of guys.

Phew! I'm not the only one with a quick bounce back...usually after a couple weeks I'm dating again..

After I broke up with my ex I swore I wasn't dating for 6 months and gave the whole "I'm working on me speech" to allll my friends. I met my current SO less than a week later :lol:

I will admit though that it was completely unexpected and as much as I tried to fight it we hit it off immediately.

my ex and i broke up end of 2013 & i darn sure didnt want to date anyone. wanted to work on nursing my heart and healing. ..I forced myself about 5 months later by reconnecting w/ an ex. . so Glad i did. hes been patient. its been wonderful & discussing a future together. funny how this time last year after my breakup i didnt know how i would carry on without 'him' ...all good now :lol:
i def think we go thru certain things to teach, strengthen & prepare us for the 'right' :)

The last time, I waited about a week. Other men were approaching from before then. Oh well! The ex will get over it.

I think we've done this before. But yeah, I surely did reactivate my online dating profiles that same night and got an email from my FI the following day.

Well, this is my story. I was with this guy briefly in 2010. We broke up. I thought I was going to bounce back so quick so I was pursuing this guy I'd had a crush on for a while. 4 years later, crush moved up north and I'm still sitting her like:look:. It's only now that I'm realizing that I never let myself heal properly after that relationship. I learned a lot about myself and I needed this time to be single to learn. Now it's been 4 years since my last boyfriend (casual) and I went on my last date (friend, kinda attracted) in December I think. That's not going anywhere. Now I have to see my ex at least 2x a week at work and I'm not sure what I'm feeling. Regret, jealousy, mourning, no idea. But I'll say this: I'm looking for him (Future voice).

Unrelated question: Do you think it's just for a woman to ask/look for a man who has his ish together when she doesn't?

I was in a relationship 2 years, 11 months. I ended it Nov 2014. I began "gathering" and sweeping up my broken heart, feelings of disappointment, etc about a year before it finally ended for good, because deep down I knew that is where it was headed. I was told to get my **** together because it would soon be time to go. Not only did I break it off, but I moved nearly 300 miles away from him due to the issues and other more important reasons.

I was annoyed with men after I relocated, and didnt want to date in particular, but at the same time I wasnt going to push someone away who might come along if we had a genuine connection. Simply put, I do not love the ex anymore. One can snuff out powerful love and loyalty by constantly being unreliable and unloyal to another person. Oh well. His loss, cuz I truly won right after that spiritual and emotinal trash was taken out of my life! :)

Trash was thrown out and my treasure appeared almost instantly. :yep:

Last edited:
Well, this is my story. I was with this guy briefly in 2010. We broke up. I thought I was going to bounce back so quick so I was pursuing this guy I'd had a crush on for a while. 4 years later, crush moved up north and I'm still sitting her like:look:. It's only now that I'm realizing that I never let myself heal properly after that relationship. I learned a lot about myself and I needed this time to be single to learn. Now it's been 4 years since my last boyfriend (casual) and I went on my last date (friend, kinda attracted) in December I think. That's not going anywhere. Now I have to see my ex at least 2x a week at work and I'm not sure what I'm feeling. Regret, jealousy, mourning, no idea. But I'll say this: I'm looking for him (Future voice).

Unrelated question: Do you think it's just for a woman to ask/look for a man who has his ish together when she doesn't?

Answering your question, yes I think it is just because if a person waits to become "just right," for another, they could be waiting all their lives. The other person may be exactly what one needs to gain momentum, and also if the man (or woman) is truly right for that person, he or she will "balance" you in every way, and vice versa. Their strengths suffer your weaknesses, for example. A house that is unblalanced or on an unstable foundation cannot stand for long.

Back