How soon after relaxing can I resume exercising...

• Thread starter Thread starter Tee
  • Start date Start date
T

Tee

I sweat a lot when I workout and so I have to rinse my hair after my sessions. Can I go back to intense exercise and rinse my hair the same day that I get relaxer? If not, how long should I wait?

Hi Tee!

I usually wait for a couple of days first after I got a relaxer touch up but that's only because I want to enjoy the 'hair swing thang'
laugh.gif

I'm sure that as long as you deep condition as normal at least for that first initial wash post touch up it should be okay to wash like the next day. I've never washed the hair the same day as a touch up though. Mentally, I want to give the hair a 'rest' and enjoy the touch up for a few days first. I'm sure its a matter of what you prefer though
wink.gif

Re: How soon after relaxing can I resume exercisin

I got mine yesterday and had to rinse lastnight. I was cute for about 8 hours yesterday! For me there is no getting around the exercise. MAke sure you are using a really good leave in conditioner.

Thanks, BRH and Carrie!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Carrie, what leave in do you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was using the one by Thermasilk because it had a heat protectant in it. But that hair salon I went to suggested the one by Keracare. I've used it before and it really was nice. Its creamy.

I always get my relaxer touch-ups done on a Saturday, and I exercise Monday through Friday. So, I always end up washing my hair on Monday. I always enjoy that good sudsing a couple of days after getting a relaxer touch-up.

Back