How soon after hair is wet can you relax?

Trinity1

Ladies,

I'm currently wearing the braid/twist out and going into my 6th week of my relaxer. I have major new growth and want to relax but I just washed my hair friday night and this morning I put some s curl in it and massaged it on my scalp to soften the new growth. Would it be ok to relax it tomorrow evening? My concern is that my hair might be too moist from the s curl product and maybe this may not be a good time to relax. What do you think?

Tee

I believe 48 hours from the time you wash is the standard wait time. Some people have more sensitive scalps than others, (like me) and may have to wait a bit longer. My old stylist used to put moisturizer on my hair right before the relaxer application. It is not the hair that has to recover. It is the scalp.

Hi Tee Tee
I like to wait 3 days, at least
smile.gif

Thanks everyone. I decided to wait another 2 weeks making my relaxer time span 8 weeks instead of the normal 6 weeks that I go.

Peachtree,
I just wanted to tell you that I just took a look at your pics and your hair is da bomb!!!!! I think I have about 3 inches to bra strap. I wont know until after I relax. You're hair is growing pretty fast it seems.

Tee

Back