How should I put up my hair at night?

bridgeback2life

Hello, I am a 58 year old AA woman and I love reading this forum. I have curly hair and my hair definitely grows, but I am past menopause and it is REALLY thinning. I've been working on that with vitamins and minoval and I see some real improvement, but I don't know how I can put it up at night without brushing hard or pulling it tight, two no nos. I always air dry my hair. Thanks hope my question was clear.

Welcome to the boards.

I use a satin cloth or satin bonnet on my hair at night. No brushing or anything. Unless I've flatironed my hair. But I only do that a couple of times a year.

Welcome to the board!

Could you maybe cornrow your hair in two big cornrows and sleep in it that way? I'm not sure...just a thought?

Hi and Welcome.

I usually figure comb my hair back and but a satin scarf over it. The hair hangs freely out of the back of the scarf but the material is still long enough to cover the hair. Sometimes I'll put a bonnet over that. Or use the bonnet sans scarf.

:rolleyes: Hello there! I moisturize nightly with conditioner, position my hair in a ponytail, bun, baggy almost every night and sleep in a satin scarf and cap. :yep:

Last edited:
Hello,
Welcome! Another thought would be to start using a satin pillowcase. (scarves don't stay on me)

Are you wearing your hair natural? Can you put it in twists, maybe spritz with a little water & some nice oil or cream?

Thank you for the welcomes and the advice. I am admiring all the beautiful tresses in the photos!!!! Wow! You guys have gotten me reading and researching. From the photos I found, I have hair that is mostly 3b with some 3a --- is that right? Will buy a silk scarf tomorrow.

Back