How should I do a braid out?

raslat

what is the difference between a braid out and twist out? I'm just curios because I tried the braid out the other night and the next morning even though I thought it looked funny I got a lot of compliments. You have to understand that this was my first time doing this so i was nervous about going like that to work. I dont have very long hair even though I feel like I could acheive it with proper care. So I want to wear my hair like this more often but I just want to do it right. does the twist out look better than the braid out in the end?
confused.gif

I would think the twist out is easier to take out

But it looks the same..

If u twist your hair going back like you would a cornrow and then take spiral rods and curl your ends... you'll be fine

Hey Raslat! I wear my hair in the braid-out 95% of the time. This is what I do, some people might do their differently though. Since I wash my hair 3-4 times a week it works great!
* Wash and condition hair
* Spray moisturizer (Dew is my #1 choice)
* Creme moisturizer ISO Bouncy Cream and Elasta QP
* For shine either olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil etc.
* Part my hair in 4 and braid tightly as near the scalp as possible. (My hair is approx. 22 inches long so 4 braids work for me)
* Put on nylon cap overnight
The next morning I undo the braids, moisturize some more and my hair is frizz-free, shiny and bouncy. I love this. When I don't have time to leave the braids in overnight, I just do all the above but instead of braiding it I scrunch and semi-dry using a diffuser. (I like this way better, there's no shrinkage). I can go 2 or 3 days with this by loosely securing my hair at the top of my head and wearing nyon cap to bed. I wake up the next morning moisturize and it's the bomb!

I think you should try a braidout and a twistout and see which one you like the best. For me, braidouts work better and are easier to do b/c with twistouts, I find my hair starts to untwist as I put the rollers on the end - so I have to put duckbill clips at the root to hold them together. Braidouts also give me more defined waves. I think it's just a personal preference.

See I think that one of the problems with these two methods...is that a lot of women have not come close to reaching their hair length goal. my hair is not even touching my neck(it might after my relaxer...its been nine weeks). I am just trying to grow it out agter a relaxer gone bad back in march. so when my hair is washed and condition it looks and feel pretty good..but it might be too short to do these methods especially to go to work. I really need to dump my dryer. I have a hooded dryer that I could use but i really would prefer to air dry. One thing that I can't fully dump is my flat iron because my hair is just not there yet to fully wear like that. I did the braid out on sunday and got compliments but i just dont think it looks really professional for my job, so I dont know what to do.

[ QUOTE ]
raslat said:
See I think that one of the problems with these two methods...is that a lot of women have not come close to reaching their hair length goal. my hair is not even touching my neck(it might after my relaxer...its been nine weeks). I am just trying to grow it out agter a relaxer gone bad back in march. so when my hair is washed and condition it looks and feel pretty good..but it might be too short to do these methods especially to go to work. I really need to dump my dryer. I have a hooded dryer that I could use but i really would prefer to air dry. One thing that I can't fully dump is my flat iron because my hair is just not there yet to fully wear like that. I did the braid out on sunday and got compliments but i just dont think it looks really professional for my job, so I dont know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are your braidouts coming along Raslat? And how is your hair progressing?

Back