How old is too old to live with Ma & Pa?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Would you date a guy who still lives at home? And how old is too old for him to still be there?

It depends.

If he is in school full-time: yes
If his parent(s) are ill: yes

Any other reason, I have to say no. If he can't afford to live on his own then he can't afford to date me IMO. It's about priorities :yep:. And for me the oldest is 25.

Well I feel that if a man can afford to get the latest gear and fanciest car he can afford to get his own place. If the parents are ill then that's nice to stay for that sake, but I know a lot of guys who still live at home and their parents are NOT ill to the point that they must stay.

Age part, I don't date younger then 22 anyway so that school issue shouldn't be too much of an excuse!

It depends on the circumstances. If he's there because his parents are sick and he's taking care of them I think that's a good thing and I won't hold it against him. If he has a job and has the money to move out on his own but doesn't want to for no good reason then I would proceed with extreme caution.

What about if it is a multi-family house and he has his own level? Is that considered living with them. My SO does this so he can pay his mom's bills after his father died. He has his privacy though.

What about if it is a multi-family house and he has his own level? Is that considered living with them. My SO does this so he can pay his mom's bills after his father died. He has his privacy though.

My concern in his situation, is what happens if you and he were to be married? Would you move in with him in his ma's house? If he moves out, will his ma hate you and expect y'all to pay her bills anyway?

I am 25 and living at home. I am attending school full time and working full time. At this point I really can't afford to live on my own. The pay in my area is so low for most jobs, that mostly everyone works 1 1/2 jobs, a lot of overtime, or they live very cheaply.

I am glad my boyfriend does not think like some of you do, if so he would have dropped me a long time ago.

if i was asked this question at 19..i would've said "OH any man should have their own place after college":perplexed:perplexed

now it's different. i'm still with my parents so i can't judge a man on his circumstances. I wouln't date a man who was with his parents, who had no job, or no drive to get outta there.

I guess it would depend on the circumstances but I know Im too old (25) to be living at home. I go to school and work also and Im a single parent (truly single). So I know all those who are single can do the same thing. I wouldnt date a man who stayed at home with his parents under any circumstance.

My concern in his situation, is what happens if you and he were to be married? Would you move in with him in his ma's house? If he moves out, will his ma hate you and expect y'all to pay her bills anyway?

He would still have to help her financially. We are both engineers and he makes a lot more than me, so if he split his income between us it would be ok.

Honestly, right now I don't mind because no one can tell me nothing about not giving money to my parents. However, ask me in a few years after we have kids then my opinion may be different.

Back