How often do you use your protein products?

webby

Think Slim
I am developing my no-shedding regimine, which so far has been working wonderfully. I just need some input from you all.

I have used Nexxus KerapHix one week.
Followed up with Sebastian Penetraite (recommended by my stylist).

I also have Joico K-Pac and I'm going to buy Vita-Tress.

My question is, how often are you ladies using these products? Should I alternate between protein and my other conditioners every other week?

I have the generic Joico and I mix it with a moisturizing conditioner to deep condition. Its safe to use weekly. /images/graemlins/up.gif

I think most people use heavy protein every 6-8 weeks(Aphogee).

Pink, how long do you leave the mixture on and what's the ratio of mixture?

(sorry for all of these questions)

I agree with pink flower. The conditioners you mentioned are on the heavy protein side. I use conditioners with lighter proteins once/week.

[ QUOTE ]
Pink, how long do you leave the mixture on and what's the ratio of mixture?

(sorry for all of these questions)

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, I really dont have a ratio I just slather protein on first then add a top coat of conditioner. I deep condition with heat for about 15 mins.

I've used Penetraitt for years, but I've always alternated. Every week, I use something different in my hair. It wasn't until I started with this new stylist (I've only been going to her for about a year and a half) that she confirmed that certain products, like Penetraitt are not safe to use every week.

I'm going to try the Aphogee now. Do they sell that in the BBS in the city?

I use my AO GPB two times a week. I know that may sound like alot but I have brutal dance rehearsals where my hair must be worn down and it gets sweaty and very tangly.I only leave AO GPB the time that I am in the shower washing up with a shower cap on it. I always follow up with a deep moisturizing conditioner like Smooth Down Butter treat.

My emergencee or Elasta Qp breakage control serum gets used about every 4 weeks also followed by a deep conditioner.

I use a protein treatment every other week, but they are light ones like cpr, motions silk protein, etc. I've never used a hardcore protein treatment so far.

I use Nexxus Emergencee once a month, Keraphix w/Humectress once a month. GPB once a week. Sometimes I throw a Breakage Control Serum treatment in there if I'm low or out of something as a replacement. But that's rare b/c I'm in /images/graemlins/love.gif w/Emergencee.

Thank for the responses ladies!
Pink, I was trying to find that thread...couldn't. I'm going to save it to my favorites /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use Aubrey Organics once every few months or so. Since I dont use heat, relax, or comb my hair very much I dont feel the need to do them that often.

I normally visit the salon for a steam/recnstructing (protein treatment) two weeks following my touch up and before my touch up. In the interim, I use the Aubrey Organics GPB.

I, however, did not undergo the steam/reconstructing treatment during this relaxer cycle, and I think my hair needs it. So, I will resume the practice following my next touch up, which will take place on this coming Friday.

northernbelle

northernbelle

I use LeKairs Cholesterol Plus as a deep conditioner every 2 weeks after I shampoo.

I use Elasta Qp Breakage Control Serum as a light protein treatment every 4 weeks (monthly) after I clarify.

I do not have a reconstructor or a heavy protein treatment.

I just began to do con washes with AO GBP every 6-7 days and my hair is breaking and shedding much less than average. An added benefit is that it's easy to detangle.

Ive never felt the need to use a heavy duty protein. I use Keraphix, GPB, or KPak (not thrilled w/ this one) one wash vefore and one wash after my relaxer. This has worked for me. I have used GPB on several consecutive washes with no problems.

Back