how often can you use aphogee protein treatment?

Teja

Hey hope everyone had a good weekend:grin:
I have been trying for the past couple of months to get my breakage under control, I cowash about two-three times a week dc every sunday moisturize and wear buns daily...The last time I used the aphogee treatment was probably a month ago and the shedding continued....When I used it again yesterday I had absolutley no shedding....how often is it ok to use the protein treatment it says it should help for six weeks!

umm I use the Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute like once every two weeks or sometimes likes every 10 days...basically every time I wash and steam

The 2 step is a hard protein, so I would definently stick with once every six weeks...try the Aphogee 2 min Keratin Reconstructor...from my understanding, you can use that weekly...just be sure to follow up with a good moisturizing conditioner.

So if we continue to have breakage after using the 2-step, do you think we should try switching to the Keratin 2-minute to do weekly treatments instead? Do any of you use the Keratin 2 minute once a week AND still do the 2-step (hard protein) every 6 weeks or is that too much?

I use 2-step every 4 weeks. However, I mix mine with water and have been getting some great results. I get strength and softness this way. I'm tempted to use it more often. However, I using mega tek as of right now. I know there are warnings against protein treatments and MT but my hair is loving it right now. :yep:

So if we continue to have breakage after using the 2-step, do you think we should try switching to the Keratin 2-minute to do weekly treatments instead? Do any of you use the Keratin 2 minute once a week AND still do the 2-step (hard protein) every 6 weeks or is that too much?

Well that's what I have been doing used the two min keratin about every two weeks and the aphogee every six weeks ...but this time I cut the hard treatment down to four weeks and I literally had NO breakage when I bunned this morning which I usually always do!

Back