How often can I deep condition my hair?

hair_wit_favor

I'm still new..I've been skipping deep conditioning my hair, and I think my hair has suffered from it. I want to start deep conditioning my hair twice a week (I havent decided on what conditioner)....is that too much? Also, please recommend a good but cheap, moisturizing conditioner to use.

Thanks in advance

I deep condition 2 times a week very often. My hair loves it. I alternate moisture and protein.

Some cheap ones that I like are Lustrasilks Cholesterol Shea Butter or Olive oil for moisture and Aphogee Keratin for protein and moisture combined.

Sometimes I will do a pre-poo deep condition on my dry hair for one of those because it saves some time. I normally do the protein one that way and then just use a rinse conditioner after shampooing.

At one time I would deep condition my hair 2x per week and my hair loved it... now I have gotten lazy with it:nono:.. but I will definitely do a deep con. tonight. I only use UBH deep condition( that has a mild protein and moisturizing formula) but it isn't cheap, but I continue to use it b/c my hair loves it.:yep: I am sure there are some other less expensive deep conditioners that are just as good though. Hopefully the other ladies will chime in and shout out some more good ones!

I deep condition weekly
Queen Helene cholesterol for dry damaged hair is cheap and effective
It's my old faithful cond this is the one that I use
[FONT=arial, helvetica][/FONT]

Queen Helene CHOLESTEROL Hair Conditioning Cream - 2lb

[FONT=arial, helvetica]$5.30
trans_1x1.gif
Quantity:

Queen Helene Super Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream
For Extremely Damaged Hair

Contains Choleplex

Enriched with Aloe Vera Gel and Keratin.

Strengthens, deep-conditions and revitalizes troubled hair.

2 LB (907.2 G)

Advanced formula for hair that is extremely dull, dry or damaged because of over-processing, over-bleaching or any other natural or chemical mistreatment. Contains Choleplex, our exclusive blend of Cholesterol with two special emollients that is proven to be effective in strengthening, deep-conditioning and rejuvenating troubled hair. Also enriched with natural Aloe Vera Gel and Keratin protein to soften and moisturize hair. Super Cholesterol helps prevent breakage, brittleness and split-ends... and makes hair much more manageable and responsive.

DIRECTIONS:
Shampoo hair and towel dry. Apply Super Cholesterol Cream generously to hair and scalp, make sure hair is well covered. Add a few drops of warm water and massage gently into creamy lather. May also be used with or without a heating cap. Keep on for 8 to 10 minutes, allowing conditioner to penetrate. Rinse thoroughly with warm water until all cream is washed away, then set or style as usual.
[/FONT]

Thanks for your replies...I want to join the last session of LHCF bootcamp 2007 and I wanted my additional challenge to dc twice a week, but I wanted to make sure that would be okay before I commit to it. Thanks ladies!:grin:

I deep condition weekly

:yep::yep::yep: I used this for a co wash the other day and I am in :love: with the way my hair felt. And it was $4.99!

I deep condition weekly

trans_1x1.gif
Quantity:
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Queen Helene Super Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]For Extremely Damaged Hair[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Contains Choleplex[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Enriched with Aloe Vera Gel and Keratin.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Strengthens, deep-conditions and revitalizes troubled hair.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]2 LB (907.2 G)[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Advanced formula for hair that is extremely dull, dry or damaged because of over-processing, over-bleaching or any other natural or chemical mistreatment. Contains Choleplex, our exclusive blend of Cholesterol with two special emollients that is proven to be effective in strengthening, deep-conditioning and rejuvenating troubled hair. Also enriched with natural Aloe Vera Gel and Keratin protein to soften and moisturize hair. Super Cholesterol helps prevent breakage, brittleness and split-ends... and makes hair much more manageable and responsive.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]DIRECTIONS:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Shampoo hair and towel dry. Apply Super Cholesterol Cream generously to hair and scalp, make sure hair is well covered. Add a few drops of warm water and massage gently into creamy lather. May also be used with or without a heating cap. Keep on for 8 to 10 minutes, allowing conditioner to penetrate. Rinse thoroughly with warm water until all cream is washed away, then set or style as usual.[/FONT]

I've seen this before--I'm going to get some this weekend.

I like that conditioner - last forever.

I just don't like the way it smells. Not sweet enough for me.

I always have to follow it with a pretty smelling rinse conditioner.

Me - after every hair wash. Usually twice a week but lately once a week since I'm close to touch up time.

I don't have time to sit under the dryer so I just put on a cap for about an hour or until I'm ready to shower before bed.

When I do my touch ups, I do sit under the dryer to deep condition.

I deep condition weekly

trans_1x1.gif
Quantity:
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Queen Helene Super Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Strengthens, deep-conditions and revitalizes troubled hair.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Advanced formula for hair that is extremely dull, dry or damaged because of over-processing, over-bleaching or any other natural or chemical mistreatment. Contains Choleplex, our exclusive blend of Cholesterol with two special emollients that is proven to be effective in strengthening, deep-conditioning and rejuvenating troubled hair. Also enriched with natural Aloe Vera Gel and Keratin protein to soften and moisturize hair. Super Cholesterol helps prevent breakage, brittleness and split-ends... and makes hair much more manageable and responsive.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Shampoo hair and towel dry. Apply Super Cholesterol Cream generously to hair and scalp, make sure hair is well covered. Add a few drops of warm water and massage gently into creamy lather. May also be used with or without a heating cap. Keep on for 8 to 10 minutes, allowing conditioner to penetrate. Rinse thoroughly with warm water until all cream is washed away, then set or style as usual.[/FONT]

I like that conditioner myself...I'm down to my last jar now that I think about it. :look:

When I first began taking better care of my hair I deep conditioned 2x/week, every 3-4 days. That was for maybe 6 mos or so. Now that I am a better place with my hair I do it 1x/week for maintenance. I still wash 2x/week sometimes though. I just use a regular conditioner for 3-5 min in the shower during the week, and a DC w/heat on the weekends.

2x/week should be fine. Just keep your protein/moisture levels balanced. If you feel like your hair can't handle it anymore, 1x/week is fine too. I personally wouldn't do it more often than that for my hair. :)

I deep condition twice per week. I know it's really helping my hair.:yep: I can't imagine not DCing at least once per week.

I've been deep conditioning twice a week and my hair feels so much better for it. I've been using whatever ORS mayo or a cheapie cholesterol conditioner and adding a squirt of Elasta antibreakage serum when I need some protein.

I cant wait to get to the BSS to get that cholestorol...I cant wait to dc...how long are you staying under the dryer? (if you use heat)

Thanks for your replies...I want to join the last session of LHCF bootcamp 2007 and I wanted my additional challenge to dc twice a week, but I wanted to make sure that would be okay before I commit to it. Thanks ladies!:grin:

Lots of ladies DC twice a week with great results....Ive just never been unlazy enough to be one of them :ohwell: Ive noticed that ALOT of the features of the month wash and DC more than once a week...so I think it really does yield great results.

Welcome to Bootcamp!! :grin:

I'm still new..I've been skipping deep conditioning my hair, and I think my hair has suffered from it. I want to start deep conditioning my hair twice a week (I havent decided on what conditioner)....is that too much? Also, please recommend a good but cheap, moisturizing conditioner to use.

Thanks in advance

:nono: I used to sleep on deep conditioning too. Once I got back on track, my hair did a BIG turnaround. I will even do a DC with my cowashes. Your hair will thank you for it.:yep:

:nono: I used to sleep on deep conditioning too. Once I got back on track, my hair did a BIG turnaround. I will even do a DC with my cowashes. Your hair will thank you for it.:yep:

Me too. And my hair feels great afterwards. I usually DC twice per week as well. You asked for cheapie conditioners. I do like the Queen Helen's Cholesterol (one time I bought this off-brand cholesterol and it was horrible :nono:). But I usually DC with Keracare Humecto. Can't beat it. It makes my hair feel wonderful.

I know what you mean i use this one also once a week.:yep:

I deep condition weekly

trans_1x1.gif
Quantity:
[/FONT]

I DC with heat every time I wash-2x per week. I love Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol. My hair feels like butter after.

How long should we sit under the dryer for a deep condition? I normally wash 2x weekly and sit under the dryer for 10min with the reconstructor and then 15-20 with the moisturizing conditioner. So is that ok for deep conditoning?

I would like to wash and deep condition x2 per week

My hair is natural and it hates airdrying and i don't like the way
wash n' gos look on me. I blowdry.

Any suggestions?

We should have attached a poll with this....I DC 1x a week FAITHFULLY, it seems as if many of you are DC'ing 2x a week and getting good results. I am going to challenge myself to do 2DC's a week until the end of the year and see if I can get any extra health or growth from the increased DCing. Thanks for starting this thread.

ETA I DC for 20-30 min with heat or 60 min w/o

Last edited:
Back