How often can a protein treatment be done?

Leslie_C

I have found my most recent visit to the salon has left me with overprocessed hair and its shedding and breaking a lot now. I sweat I think she left the perm on my hair for close to 1/2 an hr. She actually left the salon to go next door to buy neutralizing shampoo! My head was on fire! Dont worry, Ive already found a more reputable salon!

I want to stop this shedding/breakage ASAP....I want to know how often I can use protein in my hair without overdoing it? On Saturday I did a preshampoo treatment w EVOO, then shampood with NTM, then used my GPB, and after that I followed with Design 6 in 1 reconstructor and sat under the dryer for 20-25 minutes. Then I used NTM for moisture. It helped some but its still very fragile. Can I do this again this weekend or should I only use the GPB since its light? A year ago when dealing with badly damaged hair, I did the design 6 in 1 (alone) every week for a while, and then went to every other week, then to maybe once a month. Or maybe I need something stronger like Nexxus Emergencee? Im afraid to try aphogee bc some ppl with hair thats not very thick said they had problems with is, and my hair is a little fine so I dont want to take the chance that it will be too harsh and make my problems worse....

All depends on which one you use.

The three I use - Aphogee every 6 weeks, Nexxus Emergencee says it can be used weekly until your situation gets under control, Nexxus Keraphix I use weekly with heat. Make sure you follow up all treatsments with a moisturizing conditioner.

There are others, but safely I would say once a week for most.

Back