HOW MY MAXIGLIDE MET MY DAD.

Mandy4610

So, yall know I was in Zambia visiting my family right?

Well, I went equiped with all my hair tools and everything and one of those tools was my maxiglide. So one day, I am feeling all good and getting ready to do my hair. I plug my maxiglide in and in a second or two I hear a pop and I see a little spark come out of the back of the maxiglide. My Maxiglide got electrocuted and died, well, it got too much electricity because he dang travel converter I got was crap:rolleyes:

So, I tried to plug it in again using a transformer, but nothing, it really died. My brother opened it up and confirmed that it really was dead.

Imagine my heartache:nono:

Few days before I came back to Canada, my dad looked at it, opened it up, confirmed that it was dead, did an autopsy and continued to work on it for a few hrs. He took a few hrs break, came back to it and within 10mins, I had a working maxiglide:grin:

can you imagine my excitement? He managed to somehow by pass whatever had exploded and made my baby work again.

One of the many things I love about my Dad, he never stops to amaze me.

Last edited:
Dads :grin: Not only can they take the trash out and mow the lawn, but they can fix hair appliances too :yep: Happy Father's Day to your dad this coming Sunday!

aww I'm a certified daddy's girl...they make everything better! I'm glad you were reunited with your maxi glide!

Its nice when dad's do things like that. Especially when u know he put his heart and soul into it. I love Daddy's im a Bonafied Daddy's girl.

I had to retire my maxiglide when the handle broke (2 years ago). Still works just I can't use it because of the handle. :-( I brought my broken maxiglide straight to my dad after it broke, only I forgot to tell him it was still hot.... and you can imagine how that went. So yea he hasn't fixed it for me yet.

I had to retire my maxiglide when the handle broke (2 years ago). Still works just I can't use it because of the handle. :-( I brought my broken maxiglide straight to my dad after it broke, only I forgot to tell him it was still hot.... and you can imagine how that went. So yea he hasn't fixed it for me yet.
i am sorryto hear that ,good luck to you

Back