How much time Hair needs 2 breath

LadyCee

Just took my cornrows out 2day and I plan on doin da whole 9 yards den rollers(1st time) any tips? Also, what do you guys reccommend for the time frame to let the hair relax til the next protective style (braids, kinky twists, sew-ins)?? Well I was thinking about a week? I am going to be using a protein cond(apohogee 2 min) so...Do I need a moisturizing cond(ORS Pack) What moisturizing conds. do u use after a Apohogee Trtment???????

I don't know abt how much time your hair needs to breathe, but I do know that after a protien treatment you need a moisturizing con.

I use Nexxus Humectress as my moisturizing con. and then ORS Replenishing pack for my deep conditioner.

Hope that helps!

I'm still debating if hair really needs to "breathe" so to speak!

If you are taking care of your hair and scalp while in a style - which I know all of my LHCFers are doing ;) - why or what would your hair need to recover from?

I guess I'm just re-thinking ALL of the hair "supposed to's" since joining LHCF. I guess this is not an answer, but another question....:look:

CurliDiva said:
I'm still debating if hair really needs to "breathe" so to speak!

If you are taking care of your hair and scalp while in a style - which I know all of my LHCFers are doing ;) - why or what would your hair need to recover from?

I guess I'm just re-thinking ALL of the hair "supposed to's" since joining LHCF. I guess this is not an answer, but another question....:look:

I kinda of agree with you. When I wear braids I don't let me hair breathe. I take it down, wash and DC, henna or whatever and then the next day I am back in braids. When I am braiding it, I am doing it to give my hair a break and if I have to go 2 or 3 weeks with it out I wouldn't be braiding it at all.

Back