How much SAA do you add to you leave-in?

Qualitee

I have an 8oz applicator bottle that I want to mix my own leave-in conditioner in. This is my plan:look:

AOHSR 3oz
Whole leaf aloe vera juice 2oz
SAA 1.5 oz
Coconut oil 1.5 oz

Am I using too much or not enough SAA?

I usually add 1-2 capfuls to a 16 oz bottle of whatever. One and a half oz. seems like a lot, but if it makes your hair feel good go for it.

I really dont think you can add too much and cause harm to your hair, but I'm thinking too much is just wasting product.

So I really don't have an answer, but they usually give percentages of how much to add to your formulations on the website you buy from. HTH.

IMO, it shouldn't comprise more than 5% (2 tbsps) of a product that will be rinsed off or 1-2% (2 to 4 tsps) of a product that will be left on the hair. These calculations are for formulating 16oz of product, so adjust accordingly.

Too much. I wouldn't go over 2% for anything. I think 1-2% is a good spot for a leave in you reapply regularly so 0.08-0.16 oz or half to 1 teaspoon.

Thanks girls! Judging by what you ladies are saying, I think I'm putting too much aloe Vera juice in it smh

Too much. I wouldn't go over 2% for anything. I think 1-2% is a good spot for a leave in you reapply regularly so 0.08-0.16 oz or half to 1 teaspoon.
I agree. With that much liquid to so little 'solid' (the conditioner), I wonder if it will mix properly. Might she also need some kind of emulsifier? (Thus far, I stick to all liquids in my mixology, so I wouldn't know.)

Back