How much protein daily?

lanihenderson

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the board, and I just love it. I stayed up all night reading the threads, wheww! So anyway my question is how much protein is enough to help with hair growth.

Honestly, I think it is best to have a balanced diet all around. Someone here even said that she was on Atkins with is pretty much all protein and her hair started thinning. mabe she was not taking in enough calories, but still it is best to remain balanced.

maybe you should besure you get about 30% of your calories from protein. That is a good start but still allows you to make room for good carbs and fats, which are just as important.

Honestly, I think it is best to have a balanced diet all around. Someone here even said that she was on Atkins with is pretty much all protein and her hair started thinning. mabe she was not taking in enough calories, but still it is best to remain balanced.

maybe you should besure you get about 30% of your calories from protein. That is a good start but still allows you to make room for good carbs and fats, which are just as important.

Good analogy HD. :yep: It's also good to consider your lifestyle when talking about protein consumption. Same is true for hair. If you're relaxed you'll need more protein. I prefer small frequent doses of light protein (silk, wheat, oat, collagen) instead of large infrequent doses of stronger ones (keratin, polymers).

Back