How much oil do you add to your conditioners?

DreamLife

I was going to try adding oil to my conditioner (Kenra MC) for the first time tonight. So how much oil do you add? Please respond....I don't want to overdo it!

Thanks!:grin:

I was going to try adding oil to my conditioner (Kenra MC) for the first time tonight. So how much oil do you add? Please respond....I don't want to overdo it!

Thanks!:grin:
I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING:lachen:CAUSE I HAD SOME CASTOR OIL I WANTED TO USE:yep: HOPE SOME BODY GET IN HERE AND HELP:lachen:SOON

I do a 2 to 1 ratio. For ex: 2tbsps cond., 1 tbsp oil. I mix up on the spot as opposed to adding to my bottles. You could always tweak the formula depending on your need. I don't get greasy hair with this: just shine and moisture.

Wow! I guess I'm over-doing things bcuz I just apply the oil all over my hair after I've put in the conditioner. I tried to do so with castor oil, but that mess is way too thick for that. My hair was stiff. I can do this w/ EVOO tho :look:

I'm heavy-handed so I put a lot of oil in there. I mix on the spot and just pour until I stop. I don't think it's too much. It has certainly done my hair and scalp a world of good.:grin: You just have to experiment and see what is good for you.:yep:

I just pour a little olive, coconut and castor oil in. I don't usually measure it by teaspoons or anything.

I usually do things by sight, but I've been writing things in my journal. Especially for a conditioner that has mineral oil, I like to add oils that I know will penetrate. An example:

1-16 oz jar Nacidit avocado
2 caps avocado oil
2 caps evoo
1cap peanut oil
1 cap coconut oil

My hair does not come out greasy, just well conditioned. I sit under the dryer for at least 20 min, and I have hard water, so I clarify/chelate often
HTH

When I condition I usually section my hair into 6 sections for easier detangling. I usually add a nickel size amount of castor oil plus a dallop of conditioner to each section. It adds additional slip for easier detangling and leaves my hair soft.

I make my own kind of dominican rinse conditioner to detangle and seal ater I DC. I add 3 capfuls of soybean oil to every 1/2 cup cheapie condtioner. Today I'm going to try 2 caps soy and 1 cap of castor oil

hope it turns out good.

I usually do things by sight, but I've been writing things in my journal. Especially for a conditioner that has mineral oil, I like to add oils that I know will penetrate. An example:

1-16 oz jar Nacidit avocado
2 caps avocado oil
2 caps evoo
1cap peanut oil
1 cap coconut oil

My hair does not come out greasy, just well conditioned. I sit under the dryer for at least 20 min, and I have hard water, so I clarify/chelate often
HTH

HI Evashair...i see ur in the dc area...im in baltimore...so we have hard water around here? pls tell me what products you use to clarify/chelate and how often you do...Thanks

Thanks you guys, I added about a tbsp of EVOO to my conditioner and my 8 week post-relaxer hair came out great!

:wave:
[/color][/b]

HI Evashair...i see ur in the dc area...im in baltimore...so we have hard water around here? pls tell me what products you use to clarify/chelate and how often you do...Thanks

I use Ion Hard water poo from Sally's and I am liking it mixed with a little porosity control poo. I dilute the mixture with distilled water. I can use this every week or about once every three weeks. Using this shampoo has helped with dryness, to keep those minerals from building up. HTH

I just pour a little olive, coconut and castor oil in. I don't usually measure it by teaspoons or anything.

This is about the same for me. I normally add about 2 caps full of oil. I always tend to let a little extra spill over.

I add 15 drops of olive oil and 15 drops of any other oil that I’m trying to get rid of to a 3 to 4 ounce jar or tube of conditioner. I stir or shake it well. For more ounces of conditioner, I add a few extra tablespoons.

Last edited:
:wave:

I use Ion Hard water poo from Sally's and I am liking it mixed with a little porosity control poo. I dilute the mixture with distilled water. I can use this every week or about once every three weeks. Using this shampoo has helped with dryness, to keep those minerals from building up. HTH

Thanks Eva, but is there a hard water condish version?
I cant use any ole poo bcos my 4B hair dreads/tangles so easily when i do...even my beloved CON stopped working for me....TIA

I make my own kind of dominican rinse conditioner to detangle and seal ater I DC. I add 3 capfuls of soybean oil to every 1/2 cup cheapie condtioner. Today I'm going to try 2 caps soy and 1 cap of castor oil

hope it turns out good.
I bet this would work well with the Lustersilk Choleterol condtioners, they are so CHEAP!! and they have decent ingredients...

hope it turns out good.

halee_J

What made you select soybean oil?

vtoodler my hair loves ORS replensihing conditioner and soybean oil is high on the ingredient list, so I figured it was a good bet.

About 2tbs I'm currently using modified Africa's Best Herbal oil but soon I'll just be using mainly EVOCO and JBCO

Back