How much is too much shed hair? *pic*

taz007

How much is too much shed hair? I cornrowed my hair and wore a half wig for two weeks. (Two weeks is WAY too long :nono:)

I washed my hair yesterday and this is how much hair came out (it appears bigger in person :ohwell:).

I used to lose much more before incorporating ceramides into my regime.

Is this too much for two weeks?

DSCN3668.jpg

Taz I wouldn't worry about it looks perfectly normal.

I think usually you would loose a bit everyday so wouldn't notice. But because you have been cornrowing that is probably 2 weeks worth which put together looks scary.

Also I am convinced we shed more hair in dry cold weather. I know I do.

Just up your steam treatments in your braids to up the moisture. Shed hair is akin to dry skin in my book (old, dead and dry).

That's not too bad, not for a few weeks of uncombed hair. You might want to look into getting a good bone comb to help you detangle on shampoo days, if you don't already have one. There was a thread on here last week (thanks to the poster) :yep: about what a difference a comb makes..I was curious, ordered the big detangling rake (#255) from hairsense.com. I used it for the first time yesterday after a co-wash, and my hair loss was minimal. Do you comb your hair when wet? I have stopped trying to put a comb in mine when wet; my poor strands can't take it!

It looks absolutely fine. Two thumbs up. You're don't need to be worrying at all.

Don't be alarmed if you see more hair deeper into your stretch it's the name of the game.

It looks normal to me also Taz.:yep: Keep in mind the longer the hair the longer the strands shed, thus making it look like a lot of hair lost. I'm slowly learning this. The first time I saw a longer strand of shed hair I freaked. Then I realized it's because my hair is growing.

When I took my extension out after having them in for just under two month I had more shed hair than that but put it down to the fact that my hair had not been combed for such a long time and that I would probably lost this much hair if I had combed or brushed it every day.

Back