How much Hair is TOO MUCH...

luvn_life

Whjen you comb your hair after a co-wash to braid it, how much hair is too much coming out?? SHould no hair be coming out?? Or a little bit of hair?? And what if your ends are coming out??

WHAT TO DO??

We shed approximately 50-100 hairs per day (varies from person to person).

With that being said, if you detangle daily, you should be seeing the same amount of shed hair each day, if you see a dramatically increase, something's wrong.

If you go days/weeks w/o detangling, then you will definately see way more shed hair than usual.

Hope that Helps!

The average person loses 50-100 hairs a day. I've been shedding a little less than that and not at all on some days.

SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT I SHOULDN'T BE CO-WASHING/ DETANGLING MY HAIR EVERYDAY. OR IS IT OK TO DO SO. I KNOW THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN MORE THAN 50

I personally shed about the same amount daily which is probably a little more than average. I always have and probably always will. I only worry when there's a lot more hair. Unless it's been a few days since I've detangled.

It's kinda just little bits and pieces but, I worry about my ends. I don't want them to start breaking off.

How often are you detangling?

Are you used to detangling daily? I know sometimes even though I expect to see shed hair if I haven't detangled in a couple of days sometimes it's still surprising.

I'd say don't panic and keep an eye on it for a few weeks and then reassess to see if you are losing more hair than is normal for you.

It depends on the person. I comb every 3/4 days so I can have a whole poodle come out:lachen: But theres also those times when I may get very few strands. I don't know why, it just works out that way.

As long as I don't see no tiny pieces of hair or bald spots, I just don't worry.

-A

Back