how much growth from amino acid ?

carletta

I'm considering taking amino acid to boost my hair growth.

What I want to know is what are some of the better or best aminos to take & for how long or how much do you take ??
PLEASE ADD LINKS FOR PRODUCTS IF POSSIBLE :yep:

thanks !!!!!! :bighug:

I don't know about ways other people are taking it, but I use this:
BRAGGS.jpg
And they also have it in the spray bottle too. I buy it at the health food store.
I use it on my veggies. :lick:
I hope this helps.
HP

I remember a member on here was talking about a girl she knew that grew her hair from apl to bsl in 2 months using L- Carnitine ( I think or it was L- something HTH:ohwell:

what does this taste like ? Is it bitter ?
My apologies for the delay, I'm not getting instant notifications in my email anymore.
Anyway, it's really good. If you like soy sauce, it's a great substitute. :lick:
It's not as salty tasting as soy sauce, but it does contain soy, so if you aren't allergic to soy, you should be okay.
HP

This is right off their page. Hope this helps.

Information:

Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts:

16 Amino Acids​
  • Alanine
  • Arginine
  • Aspartic Acid
  • Glutamic Acid
  • Glycine
  • Histidine
  • Isoleucine
  • Leucine
  • Methionine
  • Phenylalanine
  • Proline
  • Serine
  • Threonine
  • Tyrosine
  • Valine
  • Lysine
Great on Salads & Dressings, Soups, Veggies, Rice & Beans, Tofu, Wok & Stir-frys, Tempeh, Casseroles, Potatoes, Meats, Poultry, Fish, Jerky, Popcorn, Gravies & Sauces, Macrobiotics.

Ingredients: Our Bragg Liquid Aminos are made from health-giving, NON-GMO soybeans and purified water. They are an excellent, healthy, gourmet replacement for Tamari and Soy Sauce. Not fermented or heated and Gluten-Free.
Bragg's has a small amount of naturally occurring sodium. No table salt is added. If less sodium is desired use a 6 oz. Bragg's spray bottle and dilute with 1/3 distilled water or to taste and then either add in or spray on food.
HEALTH BENEFITS:

• Bragg Liquid Aminos contains:
    • no chemicals
    • no artificial coloring
    • no alcohol
    • no preservatives<LI class=txt-gen>no Gluten
    • Certified NON-GMO
    <LI class=txt>A source of delicious, nutritious, life-renewing protein.
    <LI class=txt>Taste you'll love - Nutrition you need.
    <LI class=txt>Great on salads, veggies, dressings, soups, rice, beans, Wok foods, tofu, gravies, jerky, poultry, fish, popcorn, meats, casseroles, potatoes and most foods.
  • Contains important healthy amino acids
Nutrition Facts
amin_nut.gif
*% Daily Value Based on 2,000 Calorie Diet.
** Protein (amino acids) from soybeans
for further nutrition labeling info, please review the following FDA web pages
http://www.fda.gov/opacom/backgrounders/foodlabel/newlabel.html
http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/label.html
KSA_koshersymbol.gif
Bragg Apple Liquid Aminos adhere to the guidelines of The KSA (Kosher Supervision of America).

Thanks for the info HP, I saw this yesterday at the health food store, i'm already taking an amino acid supplement which has all the ones mentioned on the bottle you posted. I might try the liquid one since the one i take has them in small proportions, 290mg more of protein from the liquid couldn't hurt one bit.

Here are other brands
http://www.supplements101.com/Amino_Fuel_Liquid_32oz_p/twiaminoliq32.htm
twiaminoliq32-2.jpg

Amino Fuel Liquid 32oz Product Label

Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size 3 tablespoonfuls Protein (Amino Acid) 15 (15,000) g (mg)Carbonhydrates 10 gFat <1 gCholesterol 0 Typical Amino Acid Profile Per Serving L-Alanine 1200 mgL-Arginine 1100 mgL-Aspartic Acid 1240 mgL-Carnitine 25 mg L-Cysine 91.9 mg Glycine3200 mg L-Glutamic Acid 2040 mg L-Histidine 160 mg*L-Isoleucine 230 mg*L-Leucine 900 mg *L-Lysine 880 mg*L-Methionine 185 mg*L-Phenylalanine 400 mgL-Proline 2130 mg L-Serine 540 mg*L-Threonine 480 mg*L-Tryptophan** 82 mg L-Tyrosine 200 mg*L-Valine 520 mg*The eight essential amino acids
**The L-Tryptophan in this product is naturally present in the protein. It is not added or manufactured. B-Complex Vitamins & Lipotropics Vitamin B-1 2.5 mgVitamin B-2 2.5 mgVitamin B-3 30 mgVitamin B-6 4 mgVitamin B-12 12 mcgPantothanic Acid 30 mgFolic Acid 100 mcgBiotin10 mcgPABA 2 mgCholine Bitartrate 100 mgInositol 100 mg

www.puritanspride.com
PP004115_R_H190W000.jpg

Supplement FactsServing Size 3 Tablets Servings Per Container 66
spacer.gif
Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
spacer.gif
Calories 15
spacer.gif
Total Carbohydrate<1 g <1%*
spacer.gif
Protein3 g 6%*
spacer.gif
Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl Palmitate)30 mg 50%
spacer.gif
Sodium25 mg 1%
spacer.gif
Hydrolyzed Gelatin3,000 mg (3 g) ** (contains the following amino acids (approximate amounts)):
spacer.gif
L-Alanine210 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Arginine189 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Aspartic Acid114 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Cysteine9.9 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Glutamic Acid216 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Glycine588 mg **
spacer.gif
***L-Histidine23.4 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Hydroxyproline378 mg **
spacer.gif
***L-Isoleucine40.8 mg **
spacer.gif
***L-Leucine66.6 mg **
spacer.gif
***L-Lysine99 mg **
spacer.gif
***L-Methionine22.8 mg **
spacer.gif
***L-Phenylalanine45 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Proline303 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Serine106.8 mg **
spacer.gif
***L-Threonine38.4 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Tyrosine17.1 mg **
spacer.gif
***L-Valine57.3 mg **
spacer.gif
L-Ornithine45 mg **
spacer.gif
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
spacer.gif
**Daily Value not established.
spacer.gif
***Essential Amino Acids
DIRECTIONS: For adults, take two (2) to three (3) tablets on an empty stomach or after each workout up to six (6) tablets per day. As a reminder, discuss the supplements and medications you take with your health care providers.

Other Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Cellulose (Plant Origin), Croscarmellose, Vegetable Stearic Acid, Silica, Cellulose Coating, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.

WARNING: If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult your doctor before use. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. PHENYLKETONURICS: Contains phenylalanine Coated for ease of swallowing KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. STORE IN A DRY PLACE AND AVOID EXCESSIVE HEAT. TAMPER RESISTANT: DO

BRAGGS.jpg
And they also have it in the spray bottle too. I buy it at the health food store.
I hope this helps.
HP

Yup, that's my product..I too, use it on my veggies, tastes great, not bitter-sort of a light soy flavor=150mg sodium per 1/2tsp but I no longer add sprinkled salt to anything. Growth from it, cannot even measure whether it makes a difference or not..just know it claims to supply my aminos so I'm on it.

Thanks for the info HP, I saw this yesterday at the health food store, i'm already taking an amino acid supplement which has all the ones mentioned on the bottle you posted. I might try the liquid one since the one i take has them in small proportions, 290mg more of protein from the liquid couldn't hurt one bit.
You're welcome. :yep:

I think for hair growth L-Cysteine, and Methionine are the main amino's to take!
Ok...show me up. She was asking and I thought I knew :yawn:

Yup, that's my product..I too, use it on my veggies, tastes great, not bitter-sort of a light soy flavor=150mg sodium per 1/2tsp but I no longer add sprinkled salt to anything. Growth from it, cannot even measure whether it makes a difference or not..just know it claims to supply my aminos so I'm on it.
I've been using it for so long, I don't know if it attributes to my hair or not, I just eat healthy. :yep:

BRAGGS.jpg
I hope this helps.
HP

this sounds good ,,,,,,, but i'm worried about the sodium in it......I already have hypertension.....and do not want to aggrevate it more- one bit !!!! i just got it under control :grin:

I've tried different brands and the liquid aminos work best IMO. I buy the Twin Lab (pictured above). They also make a private-label (cheaper) version for Vitamin Shoppe which I also buy. Take it at night before you go to bed, as it works best when you're sleeping. HTH.

God bless.

Back