How much? (EO)

SimplyBlessed

Hey ladies...hopefully everyone is doing well!

I had a quick question....I keep hearing how good rosemary oil is for thinning edges/alopecia and I was interested in using it in a mix that I plan to start using....

I'm thinking of trying the famous Moe Gro mix that is horsetail herds, mac nut oil (which would act as my carrier oil) and then aloe vera gel or juice

I want to add rosemary but idk how much to add so ladies even if ur not using this mix what is the proper ratio to use for carrier oils and essential oils?

Esp for my mix...

Thanks!!

Hey ladies...hopefully everyone is doing well!

I had a quick question....I keep hearing how good rosemary oil is for thinning edges/alopecia and I was interested in using it in a mix that I plan to start using....

I'm thinking of trying the famous Moe Gro mix that is horsetail herds, mac nut oil (which would act as my carrier oil) and then aloe vera gel or juice

I want to add rosemary but idk how much to add so ladies even if ur not using this mix what is the proper ratio to use for carrier oils and essential oils?

Esp for my mix...

Thanks!!

:bump: Bumping for you!

I found this on a website:

Because essential oils are so concentrated, they generally should not be applied to the skin in an undiluted form. This is because they can cause irritation or even provoke allergic reactions. Rather, they are blended with a carrier oil before being used. A common ratio of essential oil to carrier oil is 0.5 to 3 percent. Most are less than ten percent. The ratio will depend on the purpose of the oil.

Last edited:
I use about 8-10 drops of eo per 1 oz of carrier oil, depending on the viscosity of the carrier oil.

thanks ladies...i'm just trying to be cautious....I do not want to make my poor edges any worse than they are lol :nono:

Here' s basic formula:

26-60 drops for 3.5oz
7-5 drops for 1oz
3-5 drops for 1 tsp

I got this from the Illustrated Encyclepdia of Essential Oils By Julia Lawless

Back