How Much Did Your Wedding Cost?

KimPossibli

Supergirl
Just letting y'all know.. when my time comes I'm going to elope... weddings are stressful!

How much was your wedding dress? makeup shoes etc?

How much did your bridesmaids/ groomsmen have to shell out, or did you cover it?

Did it cost you any family... cause... I swear....

Feel free not to get too specific if you arent comfortable with that, this is more of a vent thread.

ETA: what do you consider a small wedding?

I technically didn't pay anything the first time :look:

Then next time I get married, like a real marriage, I dont want to pay for anything. I don't want to pay for people to eat, party and judge on my dime. If im forced to.have a wedding. I'm going to really have a WEDDING. I'm going to break the bank. I won't be having bridesmaids tho.

I'd love to know others experience as well. Outside of my mom, everyone in my family is tight lipped about their wedding cost. My mom said her wedding cost about 20k. She got married in Jamaica back in 2001. My mom paid all of the bridesmaid dresses, I don't know if who paid for the groomsman suits but I remember going with my mom to the store to buy them. Everything was bought from America then shipped to JA months in advance. My step father cousin did everyone's make-up and everyone was responsible for their hair. My mom fell out with a lot of her family for years after the wedding. Only one of her friends went and was in the wedding. Everyone else was his family and friends. She saved a lot of money by making all the favors and gift bags herself. I helped tremendously with doing so. His aunties and cousins cooked but they paid for servers. The photographer was a family friend so they got a big discount.

I got married in 06...I still have my spreadsheets, lol. My entire weddding + honeymoon was 35k
my dress was $1200
make up was $60 ( I had airbrush which was fancy at the time, lol)
shoes - I think $60-70...
hair - free, my mom's cousin is a stylist
my girls paid for their own dresses - w /shoes it was less than $150 each
lol, no it didnt cost me any family. I'm the oldest so I was the first in my generation to get married so everyone was happy to do whatever I wanted.

I technically didn't pay anything the first time :look:

Then next time I get married, like a real marriage, I dont want to pay for anything. I don't want to pay for people to eat, party and judge on my dime. If im forced to.have a wedding. I'm going to really have a WEDDING. I'm going to break the bank. I won't be having bridesmaids tho.
Pardon me?

This is how it works with my close relatives: they go 50/50 with the groom. Of their 50% share, They get half of that from family/relatives contribution. So technically they only came out of pocket 25%. Budget is usually around $20K.

Just letting y'all know.. when my time comes I'm going to elope... weddings are stressful!

How much was your wedding dress? makeup shoes etc? Wedding dress - $180.00 (ordered overseas and it was perfect), Makeup - $0.00 did it myself Shoes - $45.00 (JC Penneys), Veil - $14.00 (Amazon), Wedding day Jewelry - $15.00(Amazon), Hair - $200.00 (weave install and hair bundle)

How much did your bridesmaids/ groomsmen have to shell out, or did you cover it? Bridesmaids was able to pick their dresses from David Bridal as long as it was the right color - No sure what every one paid, shoes they were able to pick as long as there was silver. groomsmen - $25.00 (all they had to purchase was the vest and tie which DH purchases from Ebay) They could wear any black suit. Groom purchased a new suit and shoes.

Honeymoon was free - We were able to get a timeshare place for 3 night in VA. We paid $100.00 did the presentation and got $200.00 back.

Did it cost you any family... cause... I swear.... Family really didn't pay much, DH's family handled the rehearsal dinner which was downstairs in the fellowship hall after the rehearsal

Feel free not to get too specific if you arent was comfortable with that; this is more of a vent thread.

We were really blessed for our wedding and a lot of things that we would have to pay for we didn't as they were gifted to us. All of our paper items (Save the date, invitations, thank you cards, etc were gifted to us by the same person who did our engagement pictures), the wedding photographer was a gift, as was the decorations for the reception were given to us by our first lady. Our pastor didn't charge us for his services and the church was free. The DJ was my best friend so again it was gifted.

We did pay for catering ($700.00) and flowers ( $200.00) Cake ($175.00 - Cupcakes with one layer for cutting) . As you can see I had the wedding I wanted but I didn't pay wedding prices. I refuse to pay the money that people pay for one day. I think in total we paid about $2500 for the wedding when you cost all the small items.

I think we had a small wedding of about 75 people. A small wedding to me is anything under 100 people

I have absolutely no idea lol I wanted JOP; my parents wanted me to have a full wedding. So, my mama planned it all, and my parents paid for it all besides the rehearsal dinner and the limo which my husband's side paid for. I really don't even remember how many guests there were. Approx 150 I believe.

I pretty much picked the groom and showed up. I truly didn't pick my date or dress.
It was a fabulous wedding with open bar and unlimited food for guests including carving station, crab cakes, stuffed shrimp and all.
I didn't lose any friends or family over it, because I was the complete opposite of a brideszilla.

Spelling edit

Last edited:
I wanted to spend $7000. I think we spent about 11,000 though. Some of it I didn't feel though because we paid as we went. Like my daddy gave me $300 here. My mom paid for my dress which was $200. My mom paid for half of the food and stuff so prolly $1500. My side job paid for the photography. My matron of honor paid for the makeup...and etc

My dress cost $200 from Davids Bridal but I bought a reception dress (that I never wore) for $200 as well and I put the train from that dress on my other dress. I paid $100 for alteration which put me at $500 for my dress
Earrings $20 from Charming Charlie
Necklace $10 from Charming Charlies
Bracelet was borrowed
Peacock Garter $20 from Amazon
Hair $50 for a sew in and my bridesmaid hooked it up some more before the wedding
Makeup $50
Nails: Toes done, Nails put on and Eyebrows I think around $60
Shoes: $70 from Cinderella of Boston
Total: $800

Photography: I went cheap I should have probably paid a little more $450
Cake: Peacock cake for 100 people $350
Decorator: $500 (she made the bouquets too)
Flowers and etc: $1000 I bought my own flowers, table clothes, stand that you stand under, rented cake stand, unity candle, and etc. and decorations
Room and Food: $5000
Honeymoon to Mexico: $1200

How much did your bridesmaids/ groomsmen have to shell out, or did you cover it?
Bridesmaids dresses were from Alfred Angelo and they were $150
I bought everything else: shoes, makeup, gifts (nail polish and ish) I'm guessing that was around $600

Nope. We got around $2000 in gifts though after the wedding.

I had a medium sized wedding to me. I had 350 people show up to the reception. Small wedding is 100-150 people

Feel free not to get too specific if you arent comfortable with that, this is more of a vent thread.

1. The wedding was around $25,000. About 90 guests. Wedding gown was $1500, makeup and hair was a few hundred. I used shoes and accessories that I already had.

2. Wedding party had to pay for their travel expenses, wedding clothes, hair and makeup. I didn't cover any of that.

3. It didn't cost me any family or friends. Things did get a bit tense between DH and I the last few weeks leading up to the wedding because of the mounting costs and the stress but afterwards it was all fine.

4. I think my wedding was on the higher end of "small". I consider a truly small wedding to be less than 50 people.

@MizAvalon where did the largest amount of money go to? The venue?

Did anyone have a DJ and/or band? Wedding singer?

Yes, the venue was where the lion's share of the money went. The food and booze really added up.

Photography and videography were the second most expensive because those two things were extremely important to me.

We just had a regular DJ. Would have loved to have had the budget for a live band.

ow much was your wedding dress? makeup shoes etc?
My dress cost $350 (Rented)
Earrings $14 from outlet mall
Necklace $ Free Kohls
Bracelet $10 Charming charlies
Head piece $10
Veil $24 Amazon
Hair $500 (Had a frontal and bundles ) Install free (wedding gift) Making into a wig for free also
Makeup $0 had written into contract
Nails/pedicure/Brows (Around $75) Got the fancy pedicure
Shoes: $15 Macy's.. Caught a major sale two years ago and decided that movement I was getting married in those shoes lol
Total: $998.00

Photography: Technically I paid for her to come to my wedding and bonus-ed her. $1700 (700 plus pics!!!, book, and USB)
Venue Package..
I had a destination wedding at an all inclusive hotel in Mexico. Cost per person which they paid was around $1,000 including flights Some paid less or more depending on length of stay.
My package included a lot of things which I negotiated. Upgraded venue site (They messed up) , Boutonniere, Groom room, couple massages, mom's room and ours, some decorations, 6 course meal for dinner, wedding cupcakes cocktail party for the night before, attendants and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. Organized brunch the next day, Breakfast in bed... $4500 for this particular package.

EXTRAS:
DJ $1,000
Extra flowers $250.00
Sheers $250
Decorations around $200 (Paper lanterns, center pieces, table runners)

None/Nada opted for no Bridemaids or groomsmen

Welcome Bags $350.00

His mother.. She was a monster and made everything about her. Never again will I travel with that women or stay an extended amount time around her,

Wedding was super small...
22 people came

Wedding dress was 1300 I think plus a million more dollars for alterations. I wore barefoot sandals since it was a beach wedding

Hhmnm we had destination wedding so it cost them flight and hotel and outfits. There dresses were 200 goes outfits were like 100 ish
Yup flights and hotel

We did a destination wedding in punts cana. All in (dress, flights, wedding, welcome bags etc) we spent 25k ish
We were only expecting about 50-60 people to come but 105 mofos came! So that drove up the venue
Venue/food liquor-10k
Decor and other extras ( we had a fire show and carnival dancers) 6k
Photo and vid 3k
The rest was flights hotel dress etc

Eta we did not get married on the resort in punts cana so we also paid transportation to and from the venue

1st wedding was a destination wedding...including honeymooning and travel...it costs US 11k

2nd...we had a small ceremony and reception (was also suppose to be a destination wedding, but his FAMILY...ugh) and a Big Bang honeymoon...13k...we had a really great celebration (band, dj, the works) and our vendors were our friends so we we caught a break on EVERYTHING!

I'm hearing from my circles 35k and up

My colleague had a destination wedding and said if she knew what she knows now she would have bought a beautiful dress and taken pictures in Greece. I felt bad knowing she had spent 25k..

Back